adding new hard drive, how to move data?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: adding new hard drive, how to move data?

adding new hard drive, how to move data?

hey, i've got an 80 gb ide drive with xp on it. i'm adding an sata 160 gb drive, and i'd like to find an easy way to move all my stuff over to the new drive so i can use the old drive for backup/storage.

i'm admittedly not that up on xp. is there a user friendly way that xp will do this for me? thanks!

Your new HD should come with a utilities disk that has a copy/image program on it. If you bought it OEM, just download the program from teh manufacturers website.

I know that Maxtor uses the MaxBlast program and it's very easy to use to copy your install over to the new HD.
    AMD AM2 5600+ Arctic Cooling Freezer 64Pro Asus M2N 2gb Corsair XMS2 250gb SATA Seagate Barracuda XFX GTX260 Core 216 LeadTek PVR2000 Capture Card CoolerMaster Centurian 5 case Corsair VX550 PSU 19' DCL LCD Vista Home Premium 64

Folding@Home Stats Join the Team

i bought it as a pull from another system. as luck would have it, it is a maxtor. downloaded their utility and i'm all switched over. thanks.

it's been a few years since i've had a new computer. wow, what a step up in power! now i just need 1 more gig of ram and an sata 3.0 controller. my opteron 146 is coming this way now. boy does this new hardware ever kick butt for the cost. it's amazing what you can build for a thousand dollars!

Thread Information