Toshiba Qosmio G15 in trouble
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Toshiba Qosmio G15 in trouble

Hybrid View

Toshiba Qosmio G15 in trouble

Hi, I'm new on Hardware Central, glad to be part of this forum.

I own a laptop Toshiba Qosmio G15, two months ago suddenly stopped working (it's 2 years old). I've shipped it to get it repaired and the technician told me that the motherboard is damaged, quoting 520 $ for a new motherboard + 150 $ labor...... it's really expensive .,....I've tried to find on the net a website that shows laptop motherboards and their price with no success, does anybody know if this price is real? someone knows about a website to compare laptop motherboard prices??

Thanks for your help

j

Yeah that is about right for a Laptop motherboard.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

Maybe this will help you:

http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/T...top,Parts.aspx

I don't know if they sell boards or not. I tried to do a search, but it asks for more detail than you have provided. If you can find your model, maybe it will tell you a reasonable price. I don't know anything about the site linked above, so I'm not really endorsing it for any purchases, just research.

I'd imagine those prices you were quoted are fairly good. Notebook mobos are so proprietary, hard to find, and have alot built onto them, so the prices will be high. Changing the board out will likely take at least 2 hours of work, maybe more. There are numerous screws, covers, and accessories in the way, so it's a pretty technical assignment. I've disassembled a few notebooks in my day, but I never attempt to pull the motherboard out. Sadly, you are probably better off getting a new notebook.

Welcome to HWC, anyway.

I Appreciate your help

hi

Hello, I have the same problem. I only know the part number but i could find the price, part number P000413700. Please let me know if you solve the problem? and how much does it cost?

thanks.

Memo

Thread Information