Upgraded integrated graphics card?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Upgraded integrated graphics card?

Upgraded integrated graphics card?

Hello all. I have been searching your forum, and have found many useful threads. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find the specific information I am looking for. I currently own a Toshiba Staellite A10-S100 laptop. I purhcased HL2 not too long ago, and with my RAM upgraded to 768MB, I can run it below average at low settings. Unfortunately, my integrated video card (Intel Extreme 64MB) prevent me from running CS Source at any playable level. My question is this, is there any way possible to upgrade my graphics card, either by removing the current integrated one and soddering in a better integrated one, or by installing a new external one (and either removing or leaving the old one)? I have worked inside laptops before and taken them apart, and a friend of mine has been working with laptop hardware for over 20 years, so if there is any way to accomplish it, I am sure we could do it, but I need to know if it is possible first. Thank you for your time, and any responses.

No. the video is integrated into the motherboard on that model. it's all one board.

Ahhhhhhh nuts. I was really hoping that wouldn't be the answer. Thank you very much for the response though. Anything I can upgrade that might help me out? I've already worked with a CS tweak guide to no avail. Thanks again.

It is a hardware (video chip) limitation,
    Not
    Software limitation.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Yeah, you pretty much need a faster graphics card, which isn't possible in your case.

Alright. 'ts what I was afrqaid of. Thanks for all of your replies.

Thread Information