Video Compression program?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Video Compression program?

Video Compression program?

Hey all,

All I'm trying to do is convert my Samsung Vid Camera files to a compressed format, say half the original size, add a watermark, and convert them to flash, so I can upload them to my website.

Every program I try either s ays there is no codec installed, even though they play fine in Jet Audio and other programs, or they don't compress it far enough if they do read the file..

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Try klite codec pack

http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

You will probably find that the Samsung format is proprietary and this is why other programs cannot read it.

There are many programs which allow you to convert files. It mainly relies on you having compression codecs (rather than just the decompression codecs) on your system.
    AMD Mobile 2500+
    A7N8X Deluxe rev2.0
    1GB Corsair XMS PC2700
    GeCube Radeon 9800 Pro
    Seagate SATA 80GB
    2xSegate 160GB in RAID0

well, there is a tool PresentaVid - its a 32-bit simple video editor, its has very nice publishing oprions. It converts the final file almost in every format (including Gif and flash)

also try online converting at vidflash.com registration is free and it converts online, there will be absolutely no problem with codecs as you can guess, since its online!!

Side note, from experience and other forum boards, stay away from codec packs. I, like many others, had nothing but problems with video play back and encoding when using them. Best bet is to download and install individual codecs (xvid, divx, etc.) when using them. For video playback without worring about codecs, try VLC - http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Quote Originally Posted by The CandyMan
    Side note, from experience and other forum boards, stay away from codec packs. I, like many others, had nothing but problems with video play back and encoding when using them. Best bet is to download and install individual codecs (xvid, divx, etc.) when using them.
    absolutely agree

Codec packs are fine and usually contain all the codecs which you have to pay for otherwise.

You can always to a custom install and pick what you want out of the pack.
    AMD Mobile 2500+
    A7N8X Deluxe rev2.0
    1GB Corsair XMS PC2700
    GeCube Radeon 9800 Pro
    Seagate SATA 80GB
    2xSegate 160GB in RAID0

Thread Information