Wired or Wireless Keyboards
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Wired or Wireless Keyboards

Question Wired or Wireless Keyboards

I have to admit straight up before I start that I know very little about wireless keyboards.

I have always had a ps2 wired one.

Could someone answer some questions please

The machine is going to be used at home for general typing and home finance, etc and web work.

I was looking to buy a basic wired Logitech keyboard, but am now wondering if I could get a wireless keyboard.

What I do know is that wireless keyboard runn of a couple of batteries in them

Q1 How long do the batteries last?
    Q2 Is it like a regular keyboard you can just walk away from it when you are done, or are there switches to play with?
    Q3 My wife and I have a mouse we really like, can we use a wireless keyboard without a wireless mouse?
    Q4 Do you get the same performance our of a wireless keyboard as you do a wired one.
    Anyone got any suggestions

thanks Dominic

Q1 How long do the batteries last? -> Pretty long time

Q2 Is it like a regular keyboard you can just walk away from it when you are done, or are there switches to play with? -> Nope. Just walk away.

Q3 My wife and I have a mouse we really like, can we use a wireless keyboard without a wireless mouse?-> Yes

Q4 Do you get the same performance our of a wireless keyboard as you do a wired one.-> Yes

Anyone got any suggestions. -> Why do you think/feel you need to spend more money on a wireless?
    "Imagine a world where dogs took bad owners to the pound."

http://www.hopeforpaws.org/

I feel that a wireless keyboard could be useful because I am lefthanded so like things adjustest to the right and have my mouse on the left where as my wife is right handed and likes the opposite side adjustments. We can do it with a corded keyboard but sometimes the regular length keyboard cables mean we cant fully move things about like we want. Also everytime we move it seems as if more wires get tangled up. Especially mouse and keyboard until we can move and have to undo the tangle.

What do you think now?

Is there a keyboard in particular that you think is better than the others, my choice would be to buy a logitech or microsoft one.

Suggestions please

Dominic

Getting a wireless does sound like a good idea. It'd be easier than getting a new wife

Logitech or microsoft would be a good choice. I'd go to a large retailer so you can get a good look and feel of the differnces between them...
    "Imagine a world where dogs took bad owners to the pound."

http://www.hopeforpaws.org/

Was not thinking of replacing wife so its keyboard or buy an extension.

But that was funny. lol

Dominic

Cordless Keyboards

Hi All,

Could someone please help me.

Up until now, I have always had a traditional wired keyboard. I am building a new system and a wireless keyboard makes sense in theory but I have ready some things about them needing to be reset often and such and the amount of use my keyboard gets for typing and OS switich and other such processing function, no games at all.

Anyone got any input on this. Are wireless keyboards a problem and should I stick with a wired one or will I be fine with a wireless one.

I think the one I saw was from microsoft it that helps.

Dominic

Personal opinion,
    Would not rely on using a cordless keyboard.

If intent on purchasing a cordless,
    Look up feedbacks posted, if any, at websites such as epinions.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

I've had a Logitech wireless kb and mouse for over 4yrs without issues .The only time it needs to be reset is when the KB battery dies (maybe 3times in 4yrs) All that requires is to hold the button on the bottom of the KB whilst holding the button on the sending unit attached to the comp tower..I've replaced the mouse batteries more often,but that doesn't require a "reset" as you refer to it.I'm sure technology has improved over the last several years too,so I can't imagine why you wouldn't find a cordless KB useful.
    Win 7
    Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    I5 2500k @4ghz
    8Gb DDR3 2133Mhz
    Crucial M4 128Gb SataIII SSd
    Sapphire Radeon 6870
    Samsung 931bf 19" LCD

Thread Information