Savage3d w/ FIC VA-503+ Mobo?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Savage3d w/ FIC VA-503+ Mobo?

Savage3d w/ FIC VA-503+ Mobo?

Hey there, I have a FIC VA-503+ Motherboard with the VIA MVP3 chipset. I was wondering if S3's Savage 3d card works with my motherboard. I think I read somewheres that it said that the Savage is designed for the Intel BX chipset. Dunno, like to hear from somebody.
    Thanks,
    Andy

Andy,
    Try the topic:
    Savage3D/Banshee/TNT??

On Tom's Motherboard Forum At Delphi.com somebody gave the address of a site with a review of the
    savage. Sounds like a great card but I think it might have a few bugs left in it.

Good luck.

I will say this: s3 recently relesed 3d-now enhanced drivers for the Supercharged Savage 3d that put it almost on par with a V2. Why dont you hold out for a month, the Savage 4 will be out in march, and I must say it will kick some serious butt.

Oh yeah: Dont beleive this bull that any card is designed for Intel chipsets, EVERY AGP card is "designed" for intel chipsets, simply because thats where AGP originated from.
    This signature space FOR SALE

I will say this: s3 recently relesed 3d-now enhanced drivers for the Supercharged Savage 3d that put it almost on par with a V2. Why dont you hold out for a month, the Savage 4 will be out in march, and I must say it will kick some serious butt.

Oh yeah: Dont beleive this bull that any card is designed for Intel chipsets, EVERY AGP card is "designed" for intel chipsets, simply because thats where AGP originated from.
    This signature space FOR SALE

MadCat

I did not notice the date on Andy_b29's post did you? Kind of an old one. I just noticed the part about the Savage. I am in the market for a new agp for my own FIC VA-503+ with AMD 350. Not in any hurry so will wait for the Savage 4.

Thanks

I have the 503+ motherboard with a K6-2 300 and I tried 4 different tnt agp cards and could get none of them to work properly. Best I could do was 10 minutes between lockups. Used the latest drivers for each (and the not latest drivers); used the latest bios for the motherboard, all with bad results. After much netsurfing, I got the distinct impression that AGP slot on socket 7 motherboards is a work in progress.

Thread Information