New Camera | D.O.A. - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Camera | D.O.A.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderinguy34
    Hey ,he just mooned us.Bastich
    LOL
    Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes!

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ | ASUS M3N78 PRO AM2 | 2GB G.SKILL Extreme Series Memory | Geforce GT 430 1 gig | 120 gig Seagate 8 meg cache ST3120026A | Lite-on LDW-811S DVDRW | Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1612 | Antec True Power 480w | Win XP Pro SP3 | Cable Modem

Nice camera with a 12X zoom. The S2 IS looks like a SLR film camera.

What kind of SD card are you using?

Got ya!

Patriot Extreme Performance 1GB Secure Digital Flash Media Model PEF1G133SD

The card works great, it keeps up with the buffer in the camera without trouble. My older generic Kingston cards would get to 16 sec. of video or 18 continuous shots and stall....

I still need to do a lot of learning, this thing has so many settings I'm overwhelmed. I'ts as close to SLR as I could get...
    Main DVD MM Rig:
    CoolerMaster Storm Scout
    AM3 Phenom II x4 955BE @ 3.6 ghz
    Corsair H50 Watercooling kit
    4.0 GB AData DDR3
    GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P Mainboard
    Western Digital 750GB 7200rpm w/32mb cache
    Samsung 750GB 7200rpm w/32mb cache
    Western Digital 1.0TB 7200rpm w/32mb cache
    LG 20x DVDRW-DL "SuperDrive"
    PNY GeForce 9800gt 1024mb w/Samsung 245BW 24" LCD
    Corsair 620w Modular Power Supply
    Logitech z-640 5.1's
    Logitech Wireless Mouse
    Win 7 Ultimate........

i too bought that patriot 1gb card, and yes it worked great for me, and it is really fast. just adding for reference

The camera came in today. It does take nice shots. It will take some time to get comfortable with it as does all things with buttons.

I suspect the first camera may have been OK as I had the same issue with this one. The instructions are quite simple.
    "Insert the battery paying close attention to the direction of the battery." There is a little slide lock that keeps the battery in while the SD card is added/removed. I could not get the camera to power up until I Physically forced the 'slide lock' to engage.

681 seconds of video @ 30fps 4:3 asp or 584 seconds of video @ 30 fps 16:9 asp. This is a Sandisk Ultra II 1 GB card.

I really wanted to know why the first camera did not work. I didn't need proof that I can be an idiot. I have proven this too many times in the past. Still, God looks after children and fools.
    Last edited by Leoslocks; May 20th, 2006 at 12:32 PM.

ahh, see on that canon that little battery lock just snaps over by itself. either way works though, and the lock didnt seem very durable so i wonder what would happen if it actually broke...

the video specs seem about the same. its pretty decent video at least for a small digicam. defiantly ok for quick memorable moments, like writting permanent marker all over a buddys past-out face

Thread Information