ATI Radeon x850 Platinum Pro beeping error
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: ATI Radeon x850 Platinum Pro beeping error

ATI Radeon x850 Platinum Pro beeping error

Hi!

About a month and a half my video card started beeping and soon enough games started going slow and crashing. I noticed temperatures on the card where reaching well over 80 degrees. I sent the video card for repairs and was tested "defective" and fixed. Before I sent it games would crash PC and the screen would turn into an array of colors. Now that I have it back I can play games but it's been only one day and I already heard the first beep. I am sure this warns of high temperature in the VGA. Now, could this be that the Fan on the card is defective? Should I not bother sending it again and simply buy a cooler for the VGA? If so, I was thinking about the ThermalTake Tide Cooler (water cooler). I have read awesome reviews about it. What do you suggest? I am currently discourage with the whole situation, I want to be able to play games on this expensive (at the time I bought it one year ago it had just come out) video card.

Sincerely,
    Javier Malave

welcome to HWC

Remember that if you replace the stock cooling you will invalidate any warranty left on the card. The fact is that it should work with the stock cooling, providing you haven't o/c'd the card, so I think your best bet would be to return the card again and explain that the "fixed" card had exactly the same problem, and you want a replacement this time.
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

I found this recommending installing ATI Tools and cranking up the fan speed. You may have already done this.

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportfor...ssage.id=40264

Thread Information