Here's another one! Tony Hawk's American Wasteland is a Waste of Time.
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Here's another one! Tony Hawk's American Wasteland is a Waste of Time.

Here's another one! Tony Hawk's American Wasteland is a Waste of Time.

Im sick of it now. completely. I just paid good money today, so i could sit down on my weekend off and have a nice relaxing night of video skateboarding. yeah. right.

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland is a nice brand new pc video game that YET AGAIN DOES NOT PLAY CORRECTLY OUT OF THE BOX!.

I installed it, played the story mode, and got to groan through 10min of some of the choppiest, laggiest, most horrible tony hawk gameplay ive ever seen. Sure, i found a patch for the game, that fixes some stupid keyboard lockup in netplay only no performance fixes at all. this is completely outrageous anymore.

There is a long thread goin on gamespot about this game- http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/to...=930389&page=0 and if one reads through it they find that almost everybody is having BAD performance issues. There are people with even faster rigs then mine, with x1900's and 2gigs of ram with dual core cpu's that have unplayable performance.

I am almost in awe of how ****ty game performance is in pc games out of the box. Not all of them, some people know how to try a game for at least 5 minutes before they ship it. but not this one.

This one paticularly is so bad it should be recalled. It simply is unplayable in story mode, and they do not have a patch to fix it. This is as bad as Serious Sam 2 was when it roeleased. I also couldnt play that game i paid for , for 3 MONTHS when they finally uploaded a working patch.

please, dx10 and vista, save us from this crap. dont let games run unless they are able to perform like they should. i think its our only hope, dx9 is ****ed.
    Last edited by krupted; April 23rd, 2006 at 03:21 AM.

Well it looks like you might call them for a refund maybe?

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

i should. ****s though because i like the tony hawk games, but even an occasional hiccup makes the game not worth playing. Its not golf, you just cant have any pauses in a fast-paced game like this. I have a feeling im going to end up waiting a couple months for them to get a patch out

what really bothers me is i think i had the same type of long rant post when i first bought Serious Sam 2. they came out with a patch for that game after the title already make me not want to even look at it, so i never did end up playing more then two levels.
    Last edited by krupted; April 23rd, 2006 at 02:34 PM.

Who makes THAW? EA has been notorious over the years for making video games that won't play at max settings, no matter what hardware you own.

reminds me of when Halo was released for PC.

The FX5900 ultra had only been out for a week or so, and I bought one. Installed Halo, cranked everything up to max, and got the most horrific slowdown ever.

Halo was a very lazy port though. It was a fun game, but just hadn't been optimized for PC at all.
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

Aspyr Media. Blame them. I read on another forum that they admitted a problem with a 'certain' number of systems. yeah, try more like everybody.

EA does make ****ty ports as well. Honestly though, the one aspect that has had me dumbfounded is the absolute horrible support of game controllers. Take NFS-MW for example. You cannot set a deadzone, so the car goes either left or right all the time. I cant believe they didnt try the game with an xbox controller before they finalized it. how do you not try an xbox controller?!

Thread Information