Armada M700 AC Power
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Armada M700 AC Power

Hybrid View

Question Armada M700 AC Power

For a couple years I have fooled with replacing batteries in an M700. In spite of being plugged in I get error messages to replace the battery or loose your work. I'm tired exchanging batteries.

Is there a way to bypass the battery and get the laptop to work on AC only. Intuitively it seems like it should work if plugged in even with the battery out, but obviously it does not. The battery must be in and if it is bad it fails to work on AC

Is there any way to get it to ignore the battery status?

Any suggestions or solutions?

Ken
    Gal. 2:20

Weird all of the m700s i've worked on and the one with a pIII 450 i own work without batteries. I've also seen alot and also been plauged by battery issues too. Seems the voltage regulator on that particular laptop has a history of failure, this might be your problem only more extreme, replacement of that part might be your solution. I've given up trying batteries and just use AC now and only use the laptop hooked up to a scanner to scan stuff when i need to.
    R.I.P Rangeral, To one of HWC's best moderators and a great guy

By the way, what does BTW stand for?

It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.

Thanks for the reply. You are doing just exactly what I want to do, but can't...just run on the power cord. Is the voltage regulator a simple part to replace or something on the mother board that I would not have a clue how to replace? Is it a do it yourself project or does it need to go to a shop for repair?

If you're willing to do an OS reinstall, do it for PC instead of Laptop. That might do it. Alternately, you could go into power management and deactivate the On-Battery profile.
    You can talk about "that" here

Remember that guy your mom warned you about? I beat the snot outta him.

Thanks for the good suggestions. I'll give it a try. I'll try your alternate first. Tx.

Ken
    Gal 2:20

Thread Information