Need for Speed: Most Wanted Announced
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Need for Speed: Most Wanted Announced

Need for Speed: Most Wanted Announced

Electronic Arts have decided to no longer use the subtitle "Underground", and have replaced it with "Most Wanted". Do they seem a bit full of itself or is it me?

According to Spong Electronic Arts plan on releasing a new title in the Need for Speed series, called Need for Speed: Most Wanted. The title will apparently be available for Xbox 2, Xbox, PlayStation 2, GameCube, PC, PSP and “Game Boy Advance or Nintendo DS” in late 2005. Quite what they mean by "Game Boy Advance or Nintendo DS" we are not sure.

Electronic Arts, not one to miss out on crazes, seems to be drawing upon the popularity of Grand Theft Auto. In the game you will be able to escape from cops in several ways, including "Outwit the cops", "Hollywood chases" and "Cop evasion". Players will gain points by being slightly dangerous with their driving.

Real time weather and four districts are promised in the game, as well as eight game modes. You will be able to race in "around 100 motors" but only between sunrise and sunset for some unknown reason. You'd think if you wanted to escape cops the night time would be best but oh well.

The following game modes will be on offer during the game:

Multiple point races
    Toll booth races
    Speed trap photos
    Outrun
    Outrun best route
    Circuit
    Sprint
    Knockout – Cost to state, pursuit milestones and headlines
    Milestones

Source: Spong
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Sounds more like the sequel to the NFSIII/Hot Pursuit series than Undergound.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

i was just gonna say....

I dont think theyre tapping into GTA sugar, theyve always done cop chases with the hot pursuit series, as said already.

I was upset there wasnt any runins with the law in underground, glad to see it back- i bet its gonna be a good one.

yeah it should be a good one, hopefully a demo out soon.

looks like its for everyone too...
    The title will apparently be available for Xbox 2, Xbox, PlayStation 2, GameCube, PC, PSP and “Game Boy Advance or Nintendo DS” in late 2005. Quite what they mean by "Game Boy Advance or Nintendo DS
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

I just got ahold of the full version, and i must say the demo does no justice for this game. its actually a hell of a lot better then the underground games. its like both 1 and 2 (direct racing and free roam) with the addition of tradition- cops.

its put together beatifully, and the graphics are great. still have the random hiccups, wich is very annoying. the best solution so far is about 5 or 6 beers, it works even better then the official 1.3 patch.

Im only updating this thread because im truely impressed with this game, its complete fun. its easily the best need for speed since the old days of hot pursuit and the likes.

Yeah, I've been playing this game for a while now. I have knocked off the first 5 blacklist members I have faced with my souped up Lexus IS300... may upgrade to a new car when I get the chance, but I wonder if I lose all my upgraded parts or not...
    Compy 1 (Brand New as of 2/7/07):
    P5N32-E SLI w/ C2D E6600 at stock (for now)
    Zalman CNPS9700 cooler
    2GB Corsair DDR2800 @ 5-5-5-15 @1.9v
    1x EVGA 8800GTX (stock)
    1 150GB Raptor+ 250GB WD Internal SATA's
    250GB WD Backup Drive
    2x Plextor DVD burners, IDE
    2x Plextor DVD burners, SATA
    Audigy2 w/ Klipsch 2.1's
    Black Silverstone TJ-07
    PC P&C 510W SLI PSU
    Dell 30" LCD

Strongbad e-mail

dont know, im still running those quick challenges. its a great feature of the game to let you run the top cars right away. also, theres over 60 challenges! im only on 15.

i started the story mode, dude rigged my car and it stalled in the middle of a race. pretty cool way to start it off, wasnt expecting that. i love the cop radio talk, they sound like super troopers!

Funny, my car got rigged in that race too!

The cop talk is fun, and now that I have opened up a new part of the city, the cops seem to have gotten quite a bit better at staying on me during a chase.

Now I want to go play! I really hope I don't have to work late!

EDIT: Which car are you racing with Krupted?
    Last edited by woodman19_99; April 12th, 2006 at 02:34 PM.
    Compy 1 (Brand New as of 2/7/07):
    P5N32-E SLI w/ C2D E6600 at stock (for now)
    Zalman CNPS9700 cooler
    2GB Corsair DDR2800 @ 5-5-5-15 @1.9v
    1x EVGA 8800GTX (stock)
    1 150GB Raptor+ 250GB WD Internal SATA's
    250GB WD Backup Drive
    2x Plextor DVD burners, IDE
    2x Plextor DVD burners, SATA
    Audigy2 w/ Klipsch 2.1's
    Black Silverstone TJ-07
    PC P&C 510W SLI PSU
    Dell 30" LCD

Strongbad e-mail

well i chose the lexus, couldnt afford the gti (why is it unlocked if you cant afford it?) but im not even playing the career mode, im just doing the challenges so far- that means ive been runnin a slurry of cars. and yeah the cops are getting much better at cornering me into a wall. ****ers.

Thread Information