alienware mp3's?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: alienware mp3's?

alienware mp3's?

hi to everyone i was just checking out alienware.com and found they have mp3's. anyone know anything about them whether they are good or bad becuase i am thinking about buying one cuase i want an mp3 but not one that is gonna cost $xxx. i emailed support and they said that it has removable flash memory chips and taht you can just buy different chips for it. Also anyone got any comments on these logitech headphones - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...0681&CatId=390
    they seem pretty good but i dont know.
    Pentium D 3.0
    1GB Corsair Value select 4200
    250GB hitachi
    gigabyte GA-8I945P-G
    evga 6800GS

Alienware MP3's

Well.. I picked one up (1gig) 5 days ago, and used it for 3 hours, due to the fact it wont turn on anymore. New batteries... Rechargable batteries... Nothing would power it up. Paid another $10 to send it back, which of course I wont get back. It's been 2 days haven't gotten any word back yet (replaced? refurbed? anything?). After dealing with their "award winning customer care", I've already drawn my own conclusions as to how much attention they give their non-system sales. Best info I have on that matter.

any and all info is great thanks. that seems kinda dissapointing that there customer service is terrible to their non system sales. although when i ask questions on the items on their website i always use their caht thing which is nice.
    Pentium D 3.0
    250GB hitachi
    gigabyte GA-8I945P-G
    evga 6800GS

yeah...

I was very dissappointed as well. Then I did some research on the matter of their cust. svc. and found alot more problems with the company. Not sure if I'll do further business with them.

Alienware was recently purchased by Dell.

Dell press Release

Red Herring Press Release

Is this good for customer service? Who knows....

Without going into detail, I agree that Alienware has terrible customer service. I will say, when their systems work, they work very well, and are indeed very high performance. I am specifically speaking of their gaming notebooks, as I have owned 2. However, when they crash, they crash hard. I was fortunate enough to get a full refund on my last one. Funny thing is, that with the money I spent on that last one, when I got my refund, I built my kick A$$ gaming system listed in my signature, as well as buying an Acer 5672 Notebook that plays all my games at medium or above settings.

Bottom line, their customer service is not good at all. It took 4 months to get my refund.

SJRACER
    Gaming System
    ASUS A8N-E Motherboard
    Athlon X2 4200
    MGE Viper Case (Blue)
    Aspire 600W Power Supply
    2Gig PC3200 (OCZ)
    2 Wester Digital RAPTOR 74Gig (Raid 0)
    1 Maxtor 300Gig SATA
    EVGA 7800GT 256MB PCI Express
    Viewsonic VG720 17" LCD
    Plextor PX-716A DVD Burner

Main System
    ASUS A8V Deluxe
    Athlon 64 3500+
    Aspire Super X-Alien (Blue) Case
    1Gig PC3200 DDR
    Maxtor 100Gig SATA
    Maxtor 120Gig IDE
    XFX 6800GT 256MB Version
    Acer AL1715smd 17in LCD
    Plexwriter 52/24/52A
    Sony DVDRW

so i guess i wont get an alienware mp3 after all i just liked it cause of the looks but i think ima going with ceative have p7800's of theirs and they work great now just gotta tweak the sound card software to give me the full sound lol.
    i never liked dell very much for gaming/other products. also my uncle has 3 dells and they dont get much customer service on them at all.
    Pentium D 3.0
    250GB hitachi
    gigabyte GA-8I945P-G
    evga 6800GS

Thread Information