Upgrading a Notebook Graphics card.
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Upgrading a Notebook Graphics card.

Hybrid View

Upgrading a Notebook Graphics card.

Hi there!

I'm currently interested in updating my laptop's graphic card. Right now I have a nVidia GeForce FX Go 5600 AGP 8X w/TV out card.

I have been playing around with it, and I've noticed that the card itself plugs in at the bottom. I also have noticed that the card seems to specifically made to form around the other equipment of the laptop, though I could be wrong.

I currently have a Medion MD40274. 2.6 ghz processor, 512 megs of RAM, and this card.

Is it possible to upgrade the power of this at all?

I think it is possible. There are a couple problems. There are 3 different notebook graphics slots, and I couldn't even tell you which kind you have. The other issue is that no one really sells video cards for notebooks. The demand is so low that it's not worth it. So while it's possible to do what you're asking, it's going to be pretty difficult and likely expensive.

Laptops are very proprietary so even if you could find a graphics card that would fit into the slot the chances of it working are minimal at best.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

Thread Information