What voodoo2 card
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: What voodoo2 card

Hybrid View

What voodoo2 card

I am running a k6-2-350 on a TX59pro motherboard,64mb pc 100 memory and using a G100 AGP card. should I ditch the G100 and go for a Banshee or buy a dedicated 12MB Voodoo2. If so which Make?, Orchid, Diamond, Dragon 3000 or Addons. Also Why is there such a big price difference between say a 12mb Righteous at nearly 180 and The cheapest 12Mb card by Addons at 88.00. Can anyone tell me what sort of frame rate I can expect. I usualy play Flight Sims and Action games like Quake and Unreal. Cheers for any help given.

Chanse Guest
    If you're looking for a new all in one, I'd go for the TnT, I just bought a Velocity 4400...sweeeeet

If you go for an addon for your G100, Form everything I've read, nearly all the Voodoo2 cards perform with 2 to 4% of all other voodoo2 reference cards. I do know that Metabytes' Wicked 3D can push 1027x 7somethingwith only one card. and with 2 cardss pushes 1024x1024. Other than the features, From what Ive read, all voodoo2 cards are so similar, that price is really the main concern

Chanse Guest
    Pricewatch.com has voodoo2 12MB for as low as 120.00

The Banshee looks cool, it is optimized for the k6-2, it comes with 16MB and is cheaper than the voodoo2. It is not so fast as two voodoos2, but is bether than one voodoo2, is faster than the G200 and the TNT.

Chanse Guest

The Banshee is faster than G200, faster than Voodoo2 in some games, ones lacking in new features, but is most certainly not faster than the TnT(All the specs that say it is, must be using the Creative Labs or Elsa crap cards, the STB and CAnopus smoke it). I can't beleive they even put out a new card that supports less features than the 7+ month old Voodoo2. It has no features for DVD input(motion compensation), no tv out,only one texture processor(No multitexturing. which will be everywhere in just a few short months. Many games may not support it, but you know most of the good ones will) The Banshee(Monster Fusion) seems fast enough, but just too little too late.

If you are interested in finding the right video card (Voodoo2 or Riva TNT) then take a look at http://www.kachardware.dk
    They have just tested four Voodoo2 and one Riva TNT card!

Since you've got a Super 7 motherboard you should really stay away from a TNT unless you know your AGP slot works well. I personally would go with a Diamond Monster 3D II, as it's the fastest and most reliable Voodoo 2 card out there, although it is a little more expensive. It comes with a nice software bundle too.

i must warn you, i have a k6-2 350 too, so don't try to put a TNT in your box, cause there's no support for 3dnow, you should buy a voodoo2 chipset base board. don't get me wrong, i don't hate tnt, well it's just not working very well with an AMD!

Thread Information