What kind of music do you guys like?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of music do you guys like?

What kind of music do you guys like?

Classical and jazz for me.

I can listen to most anything except Rap.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

50's 60's 70's to mid 80's. Everything else is pretty much ok. Dont like rap and not much into country.
    Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes!

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ | ASUS M3N78 PRO AM2 | 2GB G.SKILL Extreme Series Memory | Geforce GT 430 1 gig | 120 gig Seagate 8 meg cache ST3120026A | Lite-on LDW-811S DVDRW | Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1612 | Antec True Power 480w | Win XP Pro SP3 | Cable Modem

Mostly metal (heavy/power, thrash, prog and a bit of death) and electronic.

Core i7 2600K @ 4GHz | Noctua NH-C12P SE14 | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 670 OC 2GB | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell 2209WA @ 75Hz

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

I listen to mainly dance and rock I suppose, although i like the odd bit of classical if I feel pretty stressed.

I'm off to the Download festival at Castle Donington in June, the line up this year is unbelievable:

Tool
    Guns n Roses
    Metallica
    Alice in Chains
    Cradle of Filth
    Deftones
    Funeral for a Friend
    Hatebreed
    Inme
    Korn
    Prodigy
    Stone Sour
    Trivium

not a bad line up, I think you would agree (if you like that sort of thing)
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

Oh yeah that is a great lineup.

It would be worth going just to see Metallica and Guns n Roses.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

yeah me too, GnR are still my favourite band. Of course it's an all new line up apart from Axl Rose now, but I am looking forward to seeing what the new guys are like. They are supposedly gonna play loads of new tracks from the forthcoming 'Chinese Democracy' album, can't wait
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

Should be a good one.

Laugh if you want, but mostly Christian Radio anymore.

I've been a classic metalhead for ever (Terrible Ted and such). But, lately I've been listening to a lot of Country since my wife has taken a liking to it. It seems as if country and rock are merging a bit, and the sound is pretty good.

But, nothing beets a Haydn Chamber Symphony on a nice long drive!!
    AMD AM2 5600+ Arctic Cooling Freezer 64Pro Asus M2N 2gb Corsair XMS2 250gb SATA Seagate Barracuda XFX GTX260 Core 216 LeadTek PVR2000 Capture Card CoolerMaster Centurian 5 case Corsair VX550 PSU 19' DCL LCD Vista Home Premium 64

Folding@Home Stats Join the Team

Quote Originally Posted by edhe62
    It seems as if country and rock are merging a bit, and the sound is pretty good.
    it was called lynyrd skynyrd, and there wont ever be anything close like it again. so imo we can get rid of the country part

B3D had a "favourite albums thread recently". This was my list.

Quote Originally Posted by MuFu
    First few that spring to mind...

Jeff Buckley - Grace
    A beautiful, beautiful album that still makes my spine tingle. All the more amazing that it was his debut effort.

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
    Revolutionary, 100% sampled album. It has this kind of etheral, yet extremely characterful/familiar quality that is still extremely uncommon in electronica, IMHO.

The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
    Value for money.

Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key Of Life
    Tough to decide between this and Talking Book. A masterpiece - some of it seems a bit trite now but for the time the social commentary was as poignant as the likes of "What's Going On?" etc, with unparalleled musicianship thrown in for good measure.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
    Lyrical and melodic hooks to match their later releases, while maintaining the raw, funk-rock sound of the 80s stuff. Very well produced and their best album by far.

Roni Size - New Forms
    Bit of a personal one this as it got me into "intelligent" DnB. Probably the first album I liked that didn't have many "real" musicians in it.

Jaco Pastorius - Jaco Pastorius
    This said "I am the best bassist in the world by miles and all you other punks can **** my hairy balls". One of musical history's true geniuses (although I think his solo in Weather Report's "Havona" probably tops anything on this album).

Michael Jackson - Off The Wall
    The album that made disco mainstream, albeit a little too late since the onset of 80s cheese came soon after. Quite sad to look back at it now that he's all ****ed up.

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV
    Gutted I wasn't around to see them live. This album rocks so damn hard, although I admit I rarely listen to it (something about listening to Zeppelin while seated - doesn't really work).

Herbie Han**** - Headhunters
    Pretty much defined the Jazz/Funk genre, which several artists then proceeded to **** up. Extremely raw-sounding and tight as hell.

Some more favourites from recent years - Speak For Yourself (Imogen Heap), S.C.I.E.N.C.E (Incubus), De-Loused in the Comatorium (The Mars Volta), Thirteenth Step (A Perfect Circle), The Vertigo Of Bliss (Biffy Clyro).
    Don't have any genre preference, though I do hate most folk/world music with a passion.

From the Blues Brothers "We have both kinds of music here - Country AND western!" And in my humble O they both Su(K.

Rock & Roll is the kind of music I've listened to all my life.
    John

Processor: P4 2.4AGhz
    Motherboard: Asus P4P-800-E Deluxe
    RAM: 2GB Crucial 2600? DDR 400
    Hard drive 1: Seagate 320GB SATA 7200
    Hard drive 2: Seagate 160GB SATA 7200
    Video card: Sapphire X1600 Pro 256mb DDR 2
    DVD Burner:Lite-On DVD 16x Burner
    Power supply:Enermax coolergiant EG485AX 480W
    Modem: Motorola surfboard 5120
    Case:Lian Li PC-65B
    Monitor: 19in Viewsonic LCD VX924
    Audio system: Bose companion 3

Everything except eastern music, can't stand it. Mostly Rap and Reggae/Ragga though.
    R.I.P Rangeral, To one of HWC's best moderators and a great guy

By the way, what does BTW stand for?

It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.

im mostly into dance music, Dance, Trance, Hardcore sometimes a bit of rap but not that much, cant stand rock music.
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Thread Information