Viper V330 & Monster 3D
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Viper V330 & Monster 3D

Hybrid View

Viper V330 & Monster 3D

I already have a Diamond Monster 3D Voodoo card. But with my next upgrade I plan to get a Diamond Viper V330 AGP card. Though I dunno if the Monster 3D will work with it. I just came to this conclusion cause the Viper has the Riva 128 chipset and the Monster 3D has the 3DFX Voodoo chipset. Would be cool if I could get the performance out of both though. What do you think?

I have the same setup in my P166 and I love it! The Viper provides good 2d and Direct3d, and the Monster provides good OpenGL for Quake II and Glide.

Thanx Dawidi, Sounds like a good config. Being a student I'm a bit budget struck. But it should run well with Celeron 400 & 64megs.

Hey, BTW will my computer be uing the card memory from both cards while playing 3D Accellerated games? (8 megs in total).

No, this will not be possible, even though lots of people seem to think so.

Thanks to you all for the info. I have similar setup: Orchid Righteous 3D (Voodoo1) and a Diamond Viper 330. I now have a Celeron 333 (128kb) but I'm not going to oclock it anyway. I use the OR3D for Glide and OpenGL games while the Viper for 2D, Direct3D and some OpenGL games. The combination of these two cards are great.

Anyway, do you think I should be thinking of upgrading this setup?. Please advise.
    Your signature reflects your intelligence.

Thread Information