MX vs. ATV Unleashed for PC finally
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: MX vs. ATV Unleashed for PC finally

MX vs. ATV Unleashed for PC finally

Its a well made game. the graphics are not very demanding, and the online play works good so soon there should be a ton of people on it. its a lot like the old motocross madess titles but much more refined, more like mx unleashed on xbox. i got it cranked at 1600x1200 2xqs 8xaf vsync enabled, looks perfect. i wish i had a projector.

the helmet cam is awesome, i can actually use it. great fun http://mxvsatv.com/

Last edited by krupted; February 20th, 2006 at 06:06 PM.

Looks awesome. Bring on virtual reality.

looks awesome, plays better. im completely hooked, its the helmet cam- they actually figured it out. it really is better then the normal behind-the-rider view that most games use. its the way the camera shakes and turns for corners, it gives you a great feel of the elements that are occuring.

one knock, i really wish they would let you free-roam the camera in the helmet cam like they do in any other view. for some reason when in helmet cam mode, it locks the camera stick so you cant look to your side or anything. not a huge deal, because it is racing and you dont need to be looking anywhere but straight, yet still it would be more fun to see whos next to you.

Quote Originally Posted by krupted
    one knock, i really wish they would let you free-roam the camera in the helmet cam like they do in any other view. for some reason when in helmet cam mode, it locks the camera stick so you cant look to your side or anything. not a huge deal, because it is racing and you dont need to be looking anywhere but straight, yet still it would be more fun to see whos next to you.
    There's already a cool peripheral called Track-IR that allows that. MX vs. ATV doesn't have support for it, but the compatible selection of games is already decent.

Core i7 2600K @ 4GHz | Noctua NH-C12P SE14 | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 670 OC 2GB | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell 2209WA @ 75Hz

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

is that a screen? or just a device that allows you to control anolog movements with your head?

Quote Originally Posted by krupted
    is that a screen? or just a device that allows you to control anolog movements with your head?
    A device to track movements with your head. The picture on the link is the device that mounts on your monitor. PC Gamer magazine March 2006 issue has a review of the TrackIR 4 Pro which you use with a baseball hat (though any hat with a brim would probably work). The 3 reflective patches mounted on the hat movements are picked up by a motion detection sending unit on top of the monitor. It tracks your head movement in games, and moves the view as you move your head (up moves up and so on). They gave it a 83% rating, so it seems to work pretty good though at $180 it's more of a ubergeek device than anything else.

The game is fun, but it really is not as realistic as they claim. The gravity is more akin to the moon than earth.

hey its a video game, i like the physics like they are. they make it very easy to stay up when turning and landing, i remember motocross games were always too hard to win races because you had to drive it perfect.

I'm really getting into Motocross riding now and I love it to death. It'll be nice to play a game about it too... there might be a few things there that I can actually apply into my riding skills on the road.

Cheers all.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Thread Information