Xbox360 Wireless Controller on PC's!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Xbox360 Wireless Controller on PC's!

Xbox360 Wireless Controller on PC's!

There are people on eBay selling the Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless controller, I'm really getting into it now the more I see it, does this wireless one not work with the PC? One seller in Hong Kong has listed it as working with the Xbox360 AND Windows XP SP1 and above, on the other hand it comes to about 31

Quote Originally Posted by thecrow785
    There are people on eBay selling the Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless controller, I'm really getting into it now the more I see it, does this wireless one not work with the PC? One seller in Hong Kong has listed it as working with Windows XP SP1 and above, on the other hand it comes to about 31
    Surely if not able to connect the wireless 360 controller directly to the PC, you could use the Wireless network adaptor?...Right...?

I wouldn't expect it to work. The wired controller requires a driver download from Microsoft, so it's reasonable to expect that the wireless one will too.

The current problem with the wireless controllers is that the receiver is embedded in the Xbox 360 -- there's no receiver dongle supplied with the controller. In order to get the wireless controllers working for PC, Microsoft are going to have to build a receiver to go with them.
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

I think MS are working on it.

Meanwhile, the wired one really is decent. Best PC controller available, IMHO.

I have XP MCE 2005 and it came with a wireless remote and keyboard.......
    do you think because its "microsoft" the XboX wireless controller should work with it?

I'll give it a try and let you know

Regards V8

Hi,

I think it's unlikely and haven't heard any reports that it works.

Thread Information