Which laptop to choose?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Which laptop to choose?

Hybrid View

Which laptop to choose?

I was looking at buying a laptop or notebook with an amd processor with a 17" screen. The only one I can find is the hp dv8000z. http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...computer_store
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a better laptop or notebook. I want to get amd processor becauser intel 64bit processor are pentiums d and I dont want that processor.

Ah you do know that to make any use of a 64 Bit CPU at all you have to be running a 64 Bit OS right?

You need to be looking a lot deeper into your choice to see if you can get 64 Bit drivers for that laptop once you buy Windows XP Pro 64 bit.

Also you will need software that is ported to run in 64 bit to make full use of it.

It will be another 5 years down the road before 64 bit software hits the mainstream.

It's more marketing right now than anything else so I wouldn't base your buying choice on a 64 bit CPU for a laptop at this time as it will be sofar out of date before you would really beable to use it in the first place.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

I'd recommend the Core Duo at this point. While it's not a 64bit cpu, that really doesn't matter much unless you run linux. Core Duo is the best mobile CPU out right now.

Thread Information