G200 w/FIC VA-503+
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: G200 w/FIC VA-503+

G200 w/FIC VA-503+

Hi--I wondering if anyone out there has a solution, if one exists, to my problem. Here goes...
    I recently purchased a Millennium G200 AGP video card & an FIC VA-503+ motherboard (w/K6-2 350) running Win 98. The problem is that the graphics run much slower than they should. I ran ZD Speedrate benchmark on it & am getting a very low score, in the low 200s when it should be up near 1000 at least (based on comparable systems). It is very noticeable when scrolling down IE or WordPerfect. I called Matrox & they suggested I download several patches from FIC for the VIA chipset, the Windows AGP drivers, & something else. I have done all this which increased the score by about 50 points or so. I even have the very lastest drivers for the G200 installed. Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong, or is there just some incompatibility with the Super 7 AGP implementation that cuts performance? Thanks for your help!

Fic VA503 and matrox Millinum??? good combo, okay prepare to download First d/l the latest Bios upgrade form FIC's website, second d/l the latest bios upgrade for the BIOS on your Video Card. Third, enter your BIOS, it has Award, enable the USB, assign an IRQ to the Video Card. Next d/l the following, the AGP drivers from FIC, install, next the USB and the IRQ miniport drivers. Next install the latest version of the matrox Video Drivers, then if your 95 or 98, version 6.1 of directx simple, it should run good then hmmm about 10 or 15MB dowload here, and put them in a safe directory other than C: Drive, that wayif you have to rebuid and format the C: Drive, they will still be there
    486 CPU/32MB Memory/Windows 3.11(it rocks!) Sigh.........the good ol Days........

Hi--thanks for your help. I think I have done all of that (except I have DirectX 6.0 instead of 6.1). However, I didn't do it all in that order so I'll probably do it all again...

Thread Information