3D-Now for TNT???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 3D-Now for TNT???

Hybrid View

3D-Now for TNT???

Hey all... wow just got dizzy reading a discussion about K6III vs. PIII... lol 86 replies!!!! Damn...

Anyway... I have a K6-2-400 and an Asus 3400 TNT... is my first 3D card, and I love it, but was just wondering... Any news at all about 3Dnow drivers for the TNT... I know they were talking about it... reading all these posts I think, "Man, should I have waited and gotten a Voodoo 3?" Oh well, I'm not gonna go get one now... I am happy w/ my setup, but was curious if there was any news about NVidia finally helping us out... thanks for any info...

Well, to answer my own question... I just read that someone on the Riva3d site talked to a developer from AMD and they are working w/ NVidia to develop the "Predator" drivers, and should (in a perfect world) be ready in 2 or 3 months... Like I said, I am happy now, but I guess I will feel better about my recent purchase when I am getting the best performance out of it all. Anyway, hopefully this will actually happen. Later. (I love talking to myself... lol)

My opinion is slightly stronger... I bought my system in December last year when the only real choice was between V2 and TNT. The V2 option was considerably more expensive since I would need to buy 2 cards, and so I thought "ahh well since V2 is so far ahead in benchmarks, TNT will have to get 3dnow drivers soon to match it". Hence I was disappointed when "Detonator" claimed to have 3dnow drivers and actually didn't.

The part where my opinion comes in is not about the TNT - I love it. The part I am pissed off about is how nvidia lies all the time. First retracting their performance figures because they can't get the chip to run, and then telling mistruths about the 3dnow drivers. If they had told me at the start "you'll probably have to wait 6 months before you get 3dnow drivers" then I would have been okay with having to wait.

Incidentally, I found an email @nvidia.com and asked the guy about 3dnow drivers, he said they were being incorporated into the next release (I asked him last year...). He wasn't in that area and had to ask about it, obviously who he asked from was not being truthful either.

In a nutshell: Great card. **** follow-up of drivers (I'm also one who hates his system not being exploited to its full potential!!)

Thread Information