LCD MONITOR error -- "not optimum mode" - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LCD MONITOR error -- "not optimum mode"

Quote Originally Posted by lhan_estrada
    yeah.. i've tried another cpu and it still has the same problem...
    i've tried to check the OSD settings while i'm i VGA mode but there's no option to reset the monitor to factory setting.

Could be the Monitor then.

Depending on where you got it I would recommend getting and RMA (Replacement).

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

tnx guys.. i guess i would just do that

I'm having the same problem, so I did not want to start a new thread. My monitor's a SAMSUNG 915N-Black Black 19" 8ms LCD.

It's worked fine for a year, but after changing my power source, it worked for a little while. Then I played a game and after exiting the game, I received the Not Optimum Mode message.

The problem is that this message never goes away. When I reboot, it just stays there. Pushing F8 or any other button does nothing. The message stays there forever and ever.

I've checked my connections to the power source and everything looks fine. Plus the monitor worked fine until I played that game...I've played this game & many other games many times with no similar error message. This power supply is a bit stronger than my old one. Any recommendations?

Oh, and I can't try the old power source cause it's dead.

Edit: Sorry for bumping such a prehistoric thread. I guess I saw "2007" 'cause I was so desperate.
    Last edited by Herrick; February 18th, 2007 at 10:14 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Herrick
    It's worked fine for a year, but after changing my power source, it worked for a little while. Then I played a game and after exiting the game, I received the Not Optimum Mode message.

The problem is that this message never goes away. When I reboot, it just stays there. Pushing F8 or any other button does nothing. The message stays there forever and ever.

I've checked my connections to the power source and everything looks fine. Plus the monitor worked fine until I played that game...I've played this game & many other games many times with no similar error message. This power supply is a bit stronger than my old one. Any recommendations?

Oh, and I can't try the old power source cause it's dead.

Edit: Sorry for bumping such a prehistoric thread. I guess I saw "2007" 'cause I was so desperate.
    Ok, i had the exact same problem with my Samsung 913N, i have 3 of them for almost 2 years, then i recently bought a triplehead2Go and started to play Flight Sim X on Triple monitors. When exiting the game, ONE of the 3 monitors got that same message wandering around the screen forever...
    I tried everything I could, tried all the buttons on the monitor (the power button too), and i finally understaood this is NOT a computer problem since connecting another one of the 913N to that same VGA is giving me the "missing" third of my triple monitors... I already called samsung and had a date for them to come pick the monitor up for a change...

BUT... the day after i came out with a solution !!

i wanted to try the monitor on the comp of my dad see if its working there (he too was already on 1280*1024*60Hz), no problem in bios, but then a black (total black screen, no message !) when undernwindows...
    i just did a reboot of the computer ... and HERE IT IS ! Working !!!

So why would it show to me that annoying message not optimum mode when on my computer....

Things are like that : I finally understood that whenever this annoying message appears again. a RESET of the monitor is required...
    BUT pressing the power button of the monitor off and on won't help.
    You have to completely remove all power from inside the monitor... so
    the solution is (and it work everytime it happened to me.. whichi is 2 times for now) :
    COMPLETELY UNPLUG THE POWER CABLE OF THE MONITOR and replug it
    And the magic is back
    Hope this works for you too.. (let me know?) i too was desperate before the solution cames up

nb: I subscribe to this forum just to post my solution, cause i googled it a lot too in a hope to find a solution and found lots ppl with same problem but nobody came out with a concrete solution.
    Last edited by iaf_22; March 12th, 2007 at 07:04 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by iaf_22
    Ok, i had the exact same problem with my Samsung 913N, i have 3 of them for almost 2 years, then i recently bought a triplehead2Go and started to play Flight Sim X on Triple monitors. When exiting the game, ONE of the 3 monitors got that same message wandering around the screen forever...
    I tried everything I could, tried all the buttons on the monitor (the power button too), and i finally understaood this is NOT a computer problem since connecting another one of the 913N to that same VGA is giving me the "missing" third of my triple monitors... I already called samsung and had a date for them to come pick the monitor up for a change...

i wanted to try the monitor on the comp of my dad see if its working there (he too was already on 1280*1024*60Hz), no problem in bios, but then a black (total black screen, no message !) when undernwindows...

So why would it show to me that annoying message not optimum mode when on my computer....

Things are like that : I finally understood that whenever this annoying message appears again. a RESET of the monitor is required...
    the solution is (and it work everytime it happened to me.. whichi is 2 times for now) :
    And the magic is back
    Hope this works for you too.. (let me know?) i too was desperate before the solution cames up

nb: I subscribe to this forum just to post my solution, cause i googled it a lot too in a hope to find a solution and found lots ppl with same problem but nobody came out with a concrete solution.
    It worked. Too bad I already bought another monitor, and it's too late to return it I wish this was addressed in the manual or in the online manual. I don't remember seeing this solution there, and this is the first time I saw anyone mention your solution. I can't beieve the solution was so simple! Well, thanks a lot for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by iaf_22

And the magic is back

Hey iaf_22 i am having the same problem as u do.. with my 913 Samsung Syncmaster... the thing is that i can't see anything but that annoying message (not optimum mode recommended mode 1280x1024 60 hz) even when i am not in windows - even in bios mode... My problem started after I have installed a fresh windows op.. everything went fine but when i was waiting for windows to load up the strangest thing happened ... my monitor crushed giving that stupid message... so i was wondering... do u have to unplug the power supply when the computer is powered on? or the computer must be also turned off and then proceed with the monitor reset.... Please share this with me... i am trully happy that u came with a solution ... thank u so much!!!

Well i unplugged the monitor, with the computer running.
    however this problems happenned to me again now, and the solution i had is to un plug the monitor for 5 full minutes then replug it (computer running). Then it was coming back...
    anyway this looks like a temporary solution... i can't do that all the time.
    My guest is it is deteriorating...so even if i have this 5 mins un plug solution as a temporart solution... i need a dfinitive one, so i just sent it back to manufacturer anyway...
    Good luck
    Mike.

I have had the same problem

with the Samsung Syncmaster 913B. It is obviously a problem with Samsung. I found that the powere lead unplugged worked for a while now that too seems to have stopped working. So annoying!!! Am having problems because my vendor has been taken over, so are not contactable at the moment, iaf_22(Mike) did you contact Samsung direct or go through your supplier??

I've contacted Samsung directly with the phone number on their website.
    Since it's a 3 year warranty, they came to take it at my place, 1 full week later they brang it back. All free of charge. I didn't get a new one, it is the same (i ve marked my monitor to check that), but ..fixed ! Didn't get to play with it a lot yet (i'm abroad now), but the little time (1 full day) i played with it, it seemed definitely fixed. i've entered full screen game and exited them several times in the day without this error to appear again. (first time problem happenned was when exiting a full screen game).
    So "voila".
    The unplug trick is just a temporary solution. Full repair by samsung is needed.

iaf_22 thanx for that

I will give them a ring tomorrow. I too had the problem first when exiting a full screen game, then it has happened randomly since.. I have hope now thanx to you and the site, LOL.
    Thanx again.

I have exactly the same problem! Have been happy with my Syncmaster 913N for almost 2 years now. Then a few months ago when i exited a full screen game, my screen went black. I reset my computer and it worked again. From that day on i got randomly black screens when starting or exiting games. Also when trying to boot up ubuntu linux gave me ploblems.

First i thought it was my gfx card, but i soon figured it was my screen as other screens worked perfectly fine! Then i figured it could be solved by unplugging the power and putting it back in after a few mins. So annoying!!

Finally i found some ppl who have the same issue! Now i know its not a seperated problem case. I hope my waranty is still valid...

reply to lenx

lenx,
    For yours and for others on this site with the same problem, I too (as well as iaf_22) have called Samsung direct. I have been told that the issue is a known problem which affects some not all of their monitors and apparently is not just Samsung, any LCD can be effected by this issue. ( something to do with a faulty port??). Anyway, called Samsung and they have replaced with like for like, appears to be new for old (can't be sure).
    Only slight problem was a mix up at the courier but apart from that painless have been using the monitor for the last 2-3 weeks no problem, so fingers crossed.
    Suggest calling the Samsung direct number from your manual/warranty card, should have a 3 yr warranty, so you should be ok.

Smile Positive outcome...

I've been having this problem too (I have a Samtron 94V), and I just wanted to post (I know it's an old thread) and say that Samsung UK were brilliant - my monitor is 2 years old (a Staples special offer) and they have agreed without any fuss to send a replacement. Service like this deserves to be praised! Well done, Samsung.

Same problem here with my almost 3 year old SyncMaster 913v. Could not reboot or anything. Only got the Not optimized floater on the screen. Was about to junk the monitor, but unplugged it waited 10 min and it worked! Three times this has happened so far with my Samsung 913v. Well I can tell you, my next monitor purchase will NOT be a Samsung!

answer

Quote Originally Posted by lhan_estrada
    I'm having a problem with my Samtron 94V N LCD monitor.. it's just new and after i just set it up.. i goes through the bios screen but never goes to the desktop. It shows a message "not optimum mode, recommended resolution
    1280 X 1024 @ 60Hz". I restarted it and choose the VGA mode option for Windows it shows the desktop but when i change the resolution, it gives the same error. It doesn't go to Safe Mode as well, just the VGA mode. I already tried a known good signal cable, i've used another LCD monitor and it worked fine. I've already install the monitors drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled the video drivers. I've got no more options. Can someone help me on this? TNX
    your graphic card dosent work you must replace it!!

Thread Information