Need Info on Ipod or Dell DJ15 MP3 devices
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Need Info on Ipod or Dell DJ15 MP3 devices

Need Info on Ipod or Dell DJ15 MP3 devices

Want to buy one but can't figure out from the pictures about the dials on the Dell. Are they not like the Ipod? I have seen the Ipods and used them. The Dell looks more mechanical. Can't tell.

How do I get music on the Dell device from my MP3s on my computer? Don't want to get something that I can't use.

What would be a better choice. Dell or Ipod or are they just about the same?

How does hard drive storage compare with memory storage?

Any of this info would help.
    Thanks
    JB

I can't tell you how the Dell works exactly, but I'd imagine it's not the same as Apples UI. As you may already know, iPods work with iTunes to download music. Dell players use software of some kind, and it will be included in the packaging. Considering that WMP10 works with most non-iPods, you can likely use WMP10 to manage your music on the player.

Hard drive storage is fine if you don't do many high-impact activities while listening. Walking is fine, but running, jogging etc will likely damage the HD over the long run. That's where flash players come in handy, as they have no moving parts to damage.

Can't help you on what to get, as it's really just a personal choice. Both players should do the job. iPods have a "wow" factor that most other players don't, but if you don't like iTunes, then you may not want an iPod.

I can tell you from personal Experience that the Dell MP3 Players are very good.

My Step Son (EX) got one about a year ago and he loved it, very easy to use if I remember right.

You might want to go look at both in person if you can.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

Have U ever used this Dell File Manager? They say in the manual that Do not copy music files from your computer to the Dell DJ15.
    Well it works fine that way. What is wrong with this process?
    Thanks
    JB

My daughter really likes her Dell DJ. Dell recommended at the time of purchase (about 1.5 yrs ago) that you use MusicMatch Jukebox to organize your music, but she uses WMP and it works fine. She had a little trouble figuring out how to establish play lists through WMP, but finally got it.

I also know plenty of people that swear by the Ipod though, so I would recommend trying to find somebody that has one and checking it out (the Dell also if you can). The price/capacity is a good bit lower for the Dell DJ, but you might find that you just don't like it after using one.
    AMD AM2 5600+ Arctic Cooling Freezer 64Pro Asus M2N 2gb Corsair XMS2 250gb SATA Seagate Barracuda XFX GTX260 Core 216 LeadTek PVR2000 Capture Card CoolerMaster Centurian 5 case Corsair VX550 PSU 19' DCL LCD Vista Home Premium 64

Folding@Home Stats Join the Team

Thread Information