Buying new mouse+keyboard - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying new mouse+keyboard

The Logitech USB fix doesn't work on my machine, either. I hate the "f" lock business and will never buy another keyboard from them.

t-man
    A64 3500+
    Asus A8V Deluxe
    Antec 480W Trupower II
    2 X Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT
    PNY 6800GT
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    Plextor PX-716SA DVD/CD burner
    Memorex 52X CD reader
    Western Digital 300GB IDE
    Maxtor 300GBSATA
    Seagate 300GB SATA
    W2K Pro

Quote Originally Posted by krupted
    Microsoft has much better built boards, theyre much sturdier and the keys feel a little better. some of logitechs keyboards are flimsy as can be, very possibly as is the one you linked. the board that came with the mx700 duo combo was horrid. i could snap it in two if i wanted to.
    Ditto, I haven't tried any MS keyboard but I have a Logitech Elite keyboard, and while it's not horrible, the keys feels more flimsy than the old $5 generic that came with my old computer. For a $50 CDN keyboard it's a bit hard to stomach.

The whole F-Lock thing annoyed me at first but I got used to it. And no way in hell I'd want to plug that thing in USB anyways

Core i7 2600K @ 4GHz | Noctua NH-C12P SE14 | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 670 OC 2GB | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell 2209WA @ 75Hz

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

My wife got me the Microsoft Elite Desktop for Bluetooth for Christmas. I love it. I did have a problem with the mouse though while gaming. I got a USB extention cord and ran it to just under my monitor. Works great now. The keyboard rocks. Although, it does have the stupid F lock key. I agree, I dont like that at all. I love the wirelss thing though. This is the first time I have used Bluetooth as well. So far so good.

SJRACER
    Gaming System
    ASUS A8N-E Motherboard
    Athlon X2 4200
    MGE Viper Case (Blue)
    Aspire 600W Power Supply
    2Gig PC3200 (OCZ)
    2 Wester Digital RAPTOR 74Gig (Raid 0)
    1 Maxtor 300Gig SATA
    EVGA 7800GT 256MB PCI Express
    Viewsonic VG720 17" LCD
    Plextor PX-716A DVD Burner

Main System
    ASUS A8V Deluxe
    Athlon 64 3500+
    Aspire Super X-Alien (Blue) Case
    1Gig PC3200 DDR
    Maxtor 100Gig SATA
    Maxtor 120Gig IDE
    XFX 6800GT 256MB Version
    Acer AL1715smd 17in LCD
    Plexwriter 52/24/52A
    Sony DVDRW

I'm pretty happy with my Logitech MX1000 Laser mouse, wireless of course. I'd probably replace it with the g7 whichs looks to have some excellent response times for gaming. I've heard people complain about some of the Logitech Laser ones, but I've had nothing but excellent results with, though the faster response takes sometime to get use to, I was shooting all over the screen when I first started using, lol! Had to adjust the settings, but now its perfect.

And of course my buddies claim that the mouse is the only reason I kick their asses in most fps games and has nothing to do with my skills.

sjracer- be aware i can assure you the mouse buttons will wear out probably within a year. ive had two do the same thing now, the buttons go mushy. its really annoying at this point to me, but at least i still think the keyboard is pretty good.

i want to try the g7, i almost ebay'd one today when i tried left clicking and it wouldnt pop back up. i hate stuck buttons.

Thread Information