Buying new mouse+keyboard
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying new mouse+keyboard

Buying new mouse+keyboard

My mouse died on me, really nice mouse. And I dont want to live off my temporary replacement. So I went to buy a new mouse and decided while I was at it to get a keyboard that isnt a 5 dollar keyboard.. I saw this wireless desktop that looked nice.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823126171
    What does everyone think? Looks really nice to me, and the fact that it's on sale to 35 dollars is nice.
    If you make any other suggestions make sure its keyboard and mouse, and that it stays under 35 dollars.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

Have had little issues with the Logitech brand in the past when dealing with keyboards and mouse.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

I have a very simlar set and if you're a gamer, the mouse isn't any good. I've noticed that wireless mice aren't all that good. Keyboards are fine but if you want your mouse to be very responsive, get a wired mouse.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

note the keyboard has an F-lock key too. This means that you have to press it after every reboot in order for the function keys to actually work as function keys.

My MS Multimedia keyboard has this too, I've got used to it now but it was quite annoying at first.
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

yep, f-lock ****s, everyone knows it, everyone complains about it, and neither company does anything. its so simple to fix, just reverse the defaults so you have to press the flock key to use the extra functions. having to re-set the F keys every time you boot just to use the normal functions is absurd.

Person, in my experience the logitech wireless mice are better then M$, but the keyboards are not. Microsoft has much better built boards, theyre much sturdier and the keys feel a little better. some of logitechs keyboards are flimsy as can be, very possibly as is the one you linked. the board that came with the mx700 duo combo was horrid. i could snap it in two if i wanted to.

so i guess im saying buy a logitech mouse and a microsoft keyboard and just live with the extra receiver that will be needed. could be a more costly solution though.

how about this, since you seem to be living ok with your keyboard now, invest in a really decent mouse for $40? you wont be dissapointed, a good mouse can make all the difference...

As stated above, I might as well just go ahead and get wired stuff. My brother wasnt real pleased with his wireless mouse because you had to move it so much for it to respond. And he couldnt aim well in games. Why I am also wanting a new keyboard is because this is a really old cheapo one. Such as about 4 years old. It has some keys getting stuck and stuff like that, its about done. I saw that wireless desktop at that lowered price and it looked pretty nice.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826104178
    Would this mouse be worth it?
    Found a microsoft keyboard laying around that I am gonna try out.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

looks like a good mouse. you cant be let down by wired mice like that unless the wire still bothers you:P

Wires truly have never bothered me. So Im getting wired. Unfortunately, I dont have the cash for a laser mouse, only optical.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy27
    note the keyboard has an F-lock key too. This means that you have to press it after every reboot in order for the function keys to actually work as function keys.
    Just plug it into the USB port. Works fine.

what do you mean mufu? even if mine is plugged usb i still must hit the lock key to use the f's after every boot

If you're looking for a nice quiet keyboard check out Microsoft's Digital Media Pro. I sell these at work with every new computer. They're the quietest keyboards I've ever used. And they're definitely the best wired keyboards Microsoft has ever made.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

Quote Originally Posted by krupted
    what do you mean mufu? even if mine is plugged usb i still must hit the lock key to use the f's after every boot
    Oh, that is odd. That fix has worked on every Logitech keyboard I've come across.

Quote Originally Posted by wrathchild_67
    If you're looking for a nice quiet keyboard check out Microsoft's Digital Media Pro. I sell these at work with every new computer. They're the quietest keyboards I've ever used. And they're definitely the best wired keyboards Microsoft has ever made.
    Looks nice, Ill look into it, first I gotta replace this few year old microsoft mouse that is making it hard to play games.

well maybe it does i havent been using logitech keyboards lately. i got a ms elite.

person, im looking to pick up the logitech g7 mouse. i think they have a wired version of it too. im sick of this explorer 2.0, on the second one and this left click button is failing as well

Thread Information