Get your Xbox360...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get your Xbox360...

Get your Xbox360...

...in 4-6 weeks.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multime...213150116.html

Microsoft Corp.’s representative recently said that the shortages of the Xbox 360 game consoles will be resolved soon and the software giant will be able to supply enough gaming machines to gamers worldwide.

“Within the next four to six weeks, anybody will be able to walk into a store and buy an Xbox 360,” said Peter Moore, head of the Microsoft interactive entertainment division, reports Next Generation web-site.
    I guess "better late than never" applies here. It certainly has been a pretty rough rollout. I wonder just what portion of the Xbox360 was the hold up, the IBM CPU, the ATI GPU, or the SiS IO controller? Considering the issues that IBM and ATI can have producing high-end products in volume and SiS's inability to produce cutting edge controllers on time, it's anyone's guess! Either way, if you've been searching for a 360, your wait is hopefully coming to an end!

I heard they had problems, but I didn't think they where that bad.

It sounds to me like they didn't have all of their ducks lined up before they launched it.

Now when was the PS 3 due out again?

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

I'm pretty sure I can get them around here. The only reason I'd want one is for Project Gotham 3 and even then I would only buy one if I had a widesreen HDTV capable of 1080p.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

Quote Originally Posted by wrathchild_67
    I'm pretty sure I can get them around here. The only reason I'd want one is for Project Gotham 3 and even then I would only buy one if I had a widesreen HDTV capable of 1080p.

That would be really nice if they could do Wide Screen HD 1080.

Gaming on a 42" or bigger HD TV.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

pretty much with wrath. i dont have much reason to get one but they are available.

the guy i worked with has sent his back three times now. he has been givin over a year of xbox live and 3 games for his trouble. he got his on launch day and has only played it about 10 hours since. it breaks everytime.

from what ms finally told him was a problem with the firmware on the console and xbox live servers. for some reason the combination was causing systems freeze ups. i guess this was extremely wide-spread and caused microcrap to really scramble.

for me it seems this may have been the worst launch of any console. not the numbers but the sheer amount of problems and poor tech support.

There easy to find here, just saw them on the shelf yesterday at a local retail regional chain store, and I'm in a fairly large (the largest in the state) city in Ohio.

I'm holding out for the price drop on them when the PS3 comes out, and hopefully by then they'll have the bugs fixed.

I guess if it's IBM's fault, PS3 will also be delayed. Since Nintendo is claiming large quantities of Revelution for cheap at launch, it might not be ATI's fault. Sad that the 360 is so plauged with issues. I guess that's going to happen considering MS is working with a non-x86 architecture. There's no telling what's going on. Maybe my policy of waiting to buy a console until the price is $150 is a good approach. I've been pretty tempted at times to get one, but the rumors and availability have held me back.

I am waiting for the PS3 to hit the market to see what that is like before I jump on one.

I really liked the PS1 and PS2.

I guess it was always going to be optimistic of MS to do a simultaneous worldwide launch. I've no desire for one though, I couldn't afford to buy all the games I want for two machines. Plus wouldn't have time to play them either.
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

My last console was a nes.
    R.I.P Rangeral, To one of HWC's best moderators and a great guy

By the way, what does BTW stand for?

It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.

I passed on the 360. I originally pre-ordered it but thought better of it around October. The release titles where nothing short of lackluster, and after playing it for a while at a friends house, I wasn't impressed at all. I will be holding out for a ps3 and nr like alot of other gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeOnTheTree
    I wonder just what portion of the Xbox360 was the hold up, the IBM CPU, the ATI GPU, or the SiS IO controller? Considering the issues that IBM and ATI can have producing high-end products in volume and SiS's inability to produce cutting edge controllers on time, it's anyone's guess!
    This article suggests the problem lies with a shortage of Infineon GDDR3 modules.
    Opteron 144@2.8GHz (stock HS/fan), Asus A8N-SLI SE (passive NB), 1.5GB RAM (2:3:2:5, 2T), WD Raptor 740GD 74GB, Maxtor DM10 300GB, Asus EN7600GT SILENT@???, M-Audio Revo 7.1, Nebula DigiTV, Dell 2005FPW, Enermax 431W Active.

Heh, the one product you'd think would be available.

I remember hearing MS's problem with the Xbox 360 was overheating. Ive seen that Xbox 360 has a cable that allows it to hook directly up to a PC monitor for high-def.
    Google got me a link to a review of one..
    http://hardware.teamxbox.com/reviews...D-AV-Cable/p1/
    Google knows everything...

Im more interested on a PS3 though. The cell processor is what I am wanting to see. Wondering if it is as good as it is said to be.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

the cell processor is just as overhyped as anything else sony talks about. i mean for the price, and the way its produced its a great cpu. it will be used in many other applications other then gaming consoles, this is why its making such noise. its not like the games are going to **** you in just because theyre run from a cell processor

Thread Information