15 pin joystick connector?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 15 pin joystick connector?

  1. #1
    James Carter Guest

    15 pin joystick connector?

    What is the socket called that old joysticks/pads used back in the day when USB wasn't around? Was it serial?

    I need a USB adapter to be able to plug an old 15 pin joystick anyone know where I can get one in the UK?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    London, United Kingdom
    It was called a Game port I think, had a tendency to be included on the older soundcards.

    You should be able to get a USB adapter from Maplin - but you will have to pay a fair bit for it. Unless the Joystick is a particularly good one, it may be worthwhile just buying a new USB as you may have issues getting games to detect the old one.

    Alternatively, if you're running lots of old games, it may be worth you finding an old Soundblaster card with a game port

    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

    HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

    Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts