Motorola v400 cell phone sux
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Motorola v400 cell phone sux

Motorola v400 cell phone sux

yeah so i had that phone for a year and a half on a 2 yr contract wif cingular and for the past couple of months it sounded very fady. well on sunday, it stopped working. couldnt send calls and the speaker (speakerphone and ear one) and mic quit. looked online and found out its a common problem. went to cingular store on mon and had to drop $129 on the cheapest phone they had to use the remaining 6 months left on my contract.
    had an old att phone but of course even tho they merged they wouldnt unlock it and save me some money
    gonna go to tmobile and get a bad arse fone when my contracts up!
    IWill KK266+/TBird 1.4ghz/512 mb pc133/Maxtor 40 gb 7200/Seagate 80 gb 7200/Ati Radeon 9250/Voodoodie 2000 pci on 17, 17, & 15" monitors/
    Windows 2000

Toshiba Satellite A75-S211 [3.2 ghz p4, 80 gb, 768 ram, dvd burner, usb2 300 gig maxtor, el cheapo usb2 DL dvd burner
    Windows XP Home SP2

im goin verizon for a good phone. uscellular is horrible, i hate joan qsack. getting a one year contract this time. i dont care how much i have to pay for the phone, 2 years is too long.

Microphone failure sounds like a common problem with Motorola. I tend to avoid their phones as friends seem to have no end of problems with them.

Nokias these days seem bulletproof these days, so I'd go for one of them if you get a chance. The Sony Ericssons seem quite smart too. 2 years is a long time for a phone - I tend to change mine after a year.
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

ya but can u still get the discount if you just sign up for 1 year? i see with 2 yr contract on all the deals
    IWill KK266+/TBird 1.4ghz/512 mb pc133/Maxtor 40 gb 7200/Seagate 80 gb 7200/Ati Radeon 9250/Voodoodie 2000 pci on 17, 17, & 15" monitors/
    Windows 2000

Toshiba Satellite A75-S211 [3.2 ghz p4, 80 gb, 768 ram, dvd burner, usb2 300 gig maxtor, el cheapo usb2 DL dvd burner
    Windows XP Home SP2

My Samsun (Verizon) is 2.5yrs old and still going. Battery only lasts 2 days, now, but otherwise OK. I've had a T-mobile Motorola, and it was pretty sketchy, or maybe it was just T-mobile's pathetic network. I think that for the whole year our company was bound to the T-mobile contract we never had an unbroken conversation more than 6 minutes long!

We're using Sprint now, with Sanyo phones and it's OK.
    We all Think Different too.

All of my company's work phones (which I get to "manage") are Nextel/Motorolla. Typically, we consider 2 years to be "a good run" for the use that they see. Thanks to PTT, Nextel phones see far more use than a standard phone (people make all sorts of unnecessary calls with PTT, IMO (including me)). The peculiarities I found is that at some point in the phone's life, it will go through a crisis where it will randomly restart or just turn off, often during calls or when attempting to make a call. The phone will do this for about a month or so. Once the phone passes this stage of life, it either completely dies, or it simply goes back to normal (!). We've yet to have a phone survive 2 of these mental breakdowns, as we typically order a replacement once it goes into the second death spiral. It's a frustration we've become quite used to as a Nextel subscriber. It would be impossible for us to change carriers--PTT is far too valuable in our profession. It's just a shame it comes to that.
    Give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

Hmm... the random restarts on my Motorola were rare... maybe once a month... and continuous over the 13 months I used that phone. The old verizon Nokia did that too.
    We all Think Different too.

i've noticed that the V400 is just slugish.. its by far one of the worst phones i've had in terms of the menu speeds.. from what i've heard its something to do with the firmware.. with the usb cable you can remove your service tag.. (shown on the screen when you open the phone) and with a hex editor you can even make the phone say anything you want on the small external screen (instead of just motorola)

the screen looks nice compaired the the lower priced nokia's.. but on the nokia you never want to smash the phone because of the extreme delays every time you select something or click the send button..

around here the earpiece seems to be the major fault.. along with early ones automaticly dropping calls at 12 minuites exactly..
    Worlds Loudest Subwoofers.... Nasa technology..
    They sound Great (they also make studio equipment)

-= Digital Designs =-

Disclosure Project

The movement to end the coverup of advanced tech -see Scaler Waves

Just to add, i got a V600, only regret is i can't put in memory afaik, for ma chunes man.. ****s i'm limited to 5Mb haha.
    R.I.P Rangeral, To one of HWC's best moderators and a great guy

By the way, what does BTW stand for?

It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.

Thread Information