its soo annoying
    i have been searching how too fix this all day
    its driving me mad
    can anyone help
    if you do find the answer
    could you email me at
    abbie_gallear@hotmail.co.uk

Sims 2 Definate Solution on Vista

Vista users....this WILL work for you. Do not use the auto play, it will crash. Instead, right click on your sims 2 desktop icon and when the menu pops up you have to click on properties. When the box pops up, look for the compatability tab and click it. Lokk for the box that says play in compatability mode with windows xp and make sure the box is checked. Sometimes you might need to run the game as admin, but 99% of the time, just checking the winXP compatability box does the trick. Sorry this came so late for many people.

the sims 2

i have xp and i have the same error message that terminates the game

sims 2 crashing

i had the same problem, no matter what i tried. i have tried the game on windows 7, windows vista, and windows xp. game kept crashing like crazy. more so on win vista so win vista is nomore on my comp. but i found the fix to the crashing problem. my northbridge on my motherboard had no fan and was overheating. i took off the heatsink, cleaned it up, put artic silver on it, and a fan. worked like a charm. the sims 2 has not crashed once. not even a flicker. for me at least that was the problem. i can now play sims 2 and sims 3 for hours and hours. hope this info helps.
    Last edited by whatever974; June 9th, 2009 at 02:18 PM.

I'm having the smae problems

Right, I have vista and the sims 2 used to work fine. but all of a sudden, it wont work. I load up the game and it comes up with the 'sims 2' logo. Then the screen goes black and says 'the game has crashed, the application will now terminate' <--well something like that. I have downloaded the new directX, because it told me to. No luck HELP MEEE

Quote Originally Posted by soggyXkookie View Post
    heya

my sims 2 wont work either but when i started it the sims 2 logo would come up, the screen would go black and then it would say "the application has crashed, the application will now terminate"

so i started to delete some folders stupidly and now when i run autorun (i have vista) it says " the sims 2 has known compatability issues with this version of windows" my vista is reali new and i dont know what to do i have posted stuff in several different forums and noone replied

please make my day and help me please
    XX
    I had the same problem but i've got windows 7,
    all you have to do is right click on the icon of the sims 2 on your desktop,
    click proporties then go on to compatibility, then tick the box that says windows service pack three and run it as administrator.
    clci kapply and play the game.
    hopefully this works!

Exclamation The Sims 2 Seasons: Splash Screen Crashes!

Quote Originally Posted by brassie123 View Post
    I had the same problem but i've got windows 7,
    all you have to do is right click on the icon of the sims 2 on your desktop,
    click proporties then go on to compatibility, then tick the box that says windows service pack three and run it as administrator.
    clci kapply and play the game.
    hopefully this works!
    Hi brassie, I have a splash screen crash issue as well. My Sims 2: Double Deluxe works fine, but I just bought The Sims 2: Seasons and it
    has not loaded past the splash screen yet. I have tried every suggested method I've found across the internet so far, including reinstalling 4 times, updating drivers, etc. But when I attempt to start the game in compatibility mode (I also have Windows 7), it says the disc (neatly nestled in my CD-ROM drive) cannot be found. When I unclick compatibility mode, it finds the disc, but back to crashing. Any suggestions? - V

Here's the exception report, if anyone can read it: Exception code: 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION.

The Sims 2: Seasons won't load past splash screen - HELP Please!

Please note: I am an advanced internet & software user. I have already tried every suggestion posted not only on EA's game website for splash screen issues, but also I've chatted with "Kuldeep", an EA tech support rep (no speaka the English well!) and I've scoured many other websites as well, including this one. Some, but not all, of my already attempted efforts to make my game work are: Uninstalling & Reinstalling the game; trying compatibility mode for several older versions of Windows (I have Windows 7); lowering my graphics setting; Updating sound and graphics cards; checking system requirements (my 1 year old MSI gamer's laptop is more than capable!); Downloading the latest game patches.

Here's my theory, which Kuldeep could not seem to grasp: The Sims 2: Seasons checks at the end of installation for the latest updates. I assume it tries to connect with the former Sims 2 website, which no longer exists. I believe this is why my game won't work - the patch attempt corrupts a file and it's screwed. I just bought the expansion pack and it has not loaded past the splash screen once. Here is the exception code, if anyone is savvier than me and can decipher it: Exception code: 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION. Kuldeep kept saying my only solution is to use Revo to completely uninstall all my game files and then reinstall, checking for updates manually. I explained my theory and asked if there was a way around the automatic update and he could not seem to grasp the question. Gotta love tech support outsourcing (not!)!!!! Thank you, thank you, Gracias, gracias!!!! to anyone who has helpful suggestions. Hoping I haven't wasted not only my money on the expansion pack, but also precious Saturday morning hours on this problem!!!!

Blessings,
    V

*Threads merged - Moderator

Thread Information