will this drive fit my laptop?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: will this drive fit my laptop?

Hybrid View

will this drive fit my laptop?

i have a HP ZE1210 and the optical drive is going out. i was wondering if this drive will fit my laptop?
    http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...918fb7cc143d56

A photo of the rear of the unit would be helpful. Perhaps you could ask the seller?

I think laptop components have been becoming more standardized in recent years. If your laptop is into the PII or PIII era, there's a greater liklihood of compatibility. But unless you can see a photo of the rear showing the connector and compare with yours, or get an answer on compatibility from the seller, you're taking a chance.
    The other issue is how well the front bezel of the cd fits your laptop, and how the unit is held in the machine.

Hard to say, since OEMs all seem to use different lids. Your best bet is to go to HP and see if they sell replacements. Typically they do. There are lots of other online notebook parts stores out there. I have purchased from sites like that and had no trouble.

thx everyone, hit up google and found sites that will tell you what it takes and im going to find out if the slot drive will fit. i wanted it because it is faster and i like the slot style drive so i will try to get that.

Thread Information