So I finally bought a tablet PC... - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I finally bought a tablet PC...

Congratulations. I love my tablet, I've had it nearly a year now and it's still turning heads for it's slimness, battery life etc.

The only annoying thing about mine is that it doesn't have a built in stand (obviously yours is attached to the keyboard) so I can't easily prop it up.

The best use I have of it is taking PDFs or Powerpoint presentations, printing them to Journal and writing notes on them. Problem is, when I'm in lectures, I'm more tempted to be surfing the internet or writing emails than listening to the lecturer...!

My battery has lasted up to 6 hours sometimes, but mine is a P-M 1.0GHz Ultra Low Volt, and I bet your screen is brighter than mine, which can only be used indoors.

I'm actually thinking about getting a stand for here on my desk anyway. Can't write on it when the screen is open like in the original pic.

I've been printing to OneNote instead of Journal (one OneNote subpage for each slide/page), and you're right, it's cool. Inking in Office rocks, and if I end up doing it to more PDFs I'll be looking into PDF Annotator too.
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

I might get to use a tablet PC soon. My company is inking a deal with Mysys and they'll make us buy a few for training if everything goes through. From what I've seen, there are some pretty cool features... although I'm not sure I'd buy one myself yet.
    We all Think Different too.

lol, tablet PCs have come a long way.

I used to use a win95-based "tablet" PC for outdoor inventory. It had no keyboard and had the ancient handwriting software, which I sorta got to work, sometimes. It was a heavy beast, and the program we used would crash after updating about 100 records. It had a monochrome LCD screen that would go black if the hot California sun beat down on it for more than 5 seconds, so I had to use my body to shade it while entering data. We were given a car charger, a spare battery, and a heavily scratched protective shell that you could barely see through. I had a pretty strong left bicep after using it for a few weeks.

Yeah... they have come a long way.
    We all Think Different too.

Thread Information