X360 wired controller for Windows
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: X360 wired controller for Windows

X360 wired controller for Windows

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1884679,00.asp

Anybody tried one of these? Apparently the design/ergonomics are spot-on and they work fine in Windows.

I'm tempted - they're about 20 here.

they look like a generic xbox controller. the origonal xbox controller works in windows perfectly as well, i have used one for over two years now. even the splice is dummy proof, all 4 wires in the cord are the same colors as a usb cable.

i wonder how they feel. i didnt try it out at the store i wish i had.

I hear great things about the 360 controller, too. I can see some differences with from the Type S controller of the Xbox, namely the buttons are closer to the edge.

It looks like Sony has caught a lot of heat for their future PS3 controller, aka, the boomerang. Today they claimed that they will not change it.
    Give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

yeah and ms spent thousands of hours testing the origonal xbox controller only to have it slughterd in sales to the controller s. my guess is most people will play ps3 with their origonal playstation controllers.

I don't understand the critisism over the PS3 controller? Has anyone gotten their hands on one? Looks perfectly comfortaqble to use but I won't know for sure unless I have it in my hands.

its looks ok. i love the original ps2 controller so i am hoping this will be as good

I would like to change my opinion on this topic. this new controller is really nice, and great kudos for microsoft making thier xbox stuff just use usb straight out.

its a little thinner then the controller s, and the two extra buttons are on top with the triggers just as i had always wanted them to be.

drivers for the controller are easily obtained, and now the pc world has finally a true universal gaming pad. look to see many more generic ports for pc games

Supposedly MS have said they'll also support the wireless version for the PC at some point.

that would be nice.

i do have a gripe, it seems that there is no rumble support. the origonal xbox controller has rumble in pc games. hopefully driver updates will implement this already built in feature. i notice the middle x button does light green for a second when plugged in but thats it, it doesnt even register as a button.

Support for the 360 wireless controller would be great. I'm a bit fan of the PC RF controllers (I think I used one by Genius) - seem to work great, but the ergonomics of the pad weren't the best.
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

same here, i have a logitech wireless pad that i swear could work from 100ft away. the programmable buttons were nice too, you could even marco them to input cheat codes at will and stuff. but like you said it wasnt the greatest feeling controller...

Thread Information