XBOX box sold to moron for $611
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: XBOX box sold to moron for $611

Hybrid View

XBOX box sold to moron for $611

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fromZR8QQfviZ1

This is not even a factory made xbox 360 box. I made it myself, just a few minutes ago. It does not contain an Xbox 360 console, just the Xbox 360 home-made box. this box is great hand made by me says XBOX right on it It doesn't look anything like the picture I included in the auction. It looks much better, in my opinion.

hmm, I don't know much about ebay, but why does the guy list the specs of the console itself if in fact it's only a box? Either way, yeah, it says "just the box." however, it looks like the guy is preying on ignorance, of which there is a bountiful supply.
    Give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

It's quite obviously a scam (not quite sure how ebay will handle it if there's an appeal) but I guess you really do deserve to get ****ered if you fall for something so blatently false! He lists the specs but notes beforehand:

XBOX 360 Features: ALL COPIED FROM www.microsoft.com DOES NOT REPRESENT WHAT YOU ARE GETTING. AUCTION CONTENTS LISTED ABOVE!
    The other option I can think of is that all the people who bidded were in on it too.

Edit - looks like the seller has been banned.

What's wrong with a little personal enterprise? In my town someone put up Xeroxed fliers at the train station and pizza parlor offering to sell an unopened Xbox 360 for $1,500.

Quote Originally Posted by egrevstad
    What's wrong with a little personal enterprise? In my town someone put up Xeroxed fliers at the train station and pizza parlor offering to sell an unopened Xbox 360 for $1,500.

ROFL...... $1,500 for an XBOX.......

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

Come PS3 launch, I will not be without at least 3 in hand. Straight to eBay they will go. It was a huge mistake on my part not to get at least one XBox360 box at launch.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

i have the same idea wrath. i too am kicking myself for not getting an xbox and making a 100% profit.

Quote Originally Posted by krupted
    i have the same idea wrath. i too am kicking myself for not getting an xbox and making a 100% profit.
    100% ? More like 400%+ !!!
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

i wouldnt expect to get that sort of cash. i can only imagine how many bum-winning bids there are on those

In other words for those of you who do not understand, YES YOU ARE GETTING AN EMPTY BOX SO DO NOT ASK! Great for gags! DO NOT bid if you don't intend to buy! No excuses, I will not retract bids for you! You will be reported to eBay if you backout after winning the auction. I Cannot be more clear!
    I don't know why they poor guy was banned... how could it be a scam when says the above???

If you were stupid enough to bid... well... sucks to be you!
    We all Think Different too.

and how much is ebay and paypal gonna rape u from the final value?
    IWill KK266+/TBird 1.4ghz/512 mb pc133/Maxtor 40 gb 7200/Seagate 80 gb 7200/Ati Radeon 9250/Voodoodie 2000 pci on 17, 17, & 15" monitors/
    Windows 2000

Toshiba Satellite A75-S211 [3.2 ghz p4, 80 gb, 768 ram, dvd burner, usb2 300 gig maxtor, el cheapo usb2 DL dvd burner
    Windows XP Home SP2

Did some1 con some1?
    Regards

Salih15

I'm really annoyed I didn't buy any either. A guy at work bought two and has sold them for 600 each. It's a shame the PS3 won't have the same effect (as launch time isn't around Xmas), or otherwise I'd seriously consider chucking a fair bit down on them.
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

UPDATE: eBay suspends the idiots... no, not the buyers! Check it out
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

I had to do a double take when I saw title of this topic.
    I thought it read "XBOX box sold to mormon for $611" and members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints had to pay over the odds for an Xbox.

Thread Information