Which notebook? - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which notebook?

Sweet just what I want! Thanks.

Perhaps the most surprising result was the lack of any advantage in battery life for the Sempron with PowerNow against the Celeron M which lacks Speedstepping. It could be partly lower overall cpu power consumption and partly lower power consumption from the chipset. Which is why I'd like to see an Acer tested and see how much worse the SiS chipset is than the Intel. Acer's bottom end models use SiS chipset for both Cel M and Sempron. But they all seem to include wireless, unlike the Dell and Gateway tested.
    Overall it's a very thorough test. And note the comment that the manufacturers make very little on these models and were reluctant to promote them by supplying test units. Anandtech had to buy them.

Hey, Danceman, you should use that link and start a new thread here in the mobile forum, as it might be just the kind of thing people are looking for at this time of year. I'd do it myself, but don't want to steal the credit.
    Give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

I thought about it. Consider it done.

I was pretty impressed by the Gateway model. Didn't know they were still in the running, but I agree with Anandtech, the gateway did very well. Dell, on the other hand, flubbed it pretty bad with that cheap NiMH battery! Otherwise, they might have a good notebook on their hands, too.
    We all Think Different too.

Yeah me too, only problem is im fairly sure they dont sell in NZ:(

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn992
    How about something like the Acer 5002WLMi? I can get it for $1398 NZD ($984 USD).
    CC lists it as a 100gig hard sale for $999 (200 mail in rebate)

what vid does it come with?

does the athlon64 have the power saving option? hp w/ 3200+ 1gig for under 1k here local store (radeon 200 graphics I believe)

more opinions please
    thank you in advance
    AMD Opty 165 @ 2.4 (zalman 7k), OCZ plat ed. 2GB, DFI ultra-D, evga 7800GT w/ ac accelero X1, enermax liberty 500, samsung 213t, some drives too
    still working on the OC thing

hp pavilion laptop - amd 64 3200+, 1 GB mem, ati graphics

Thread Information