All-in-One HP PSC 1210 Crashes windows xp
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: All-in-One HP PSC 1210 Crashes windows xp

Hybrid View

All-in-One HP PSC 1210 Crashes windows xp

Hello all,
    I have a problem with my Hewlett-Packard All-In-One PSC 1210.
    I have to point out that the problem did not exist just recently. All was fine until i reinstalled windows xp pro greek. After this fresh installation almost everytime i try to start my psc1210 the system immediately reboots sometimes while its half-way making the gling-glong noise xp makes when they find new hardware. I thought it had something to do with my soundcard so i disabled it(SB Audigy) and used the onboard instead but the problem persisted. I installed windows xp again this time english (dual-boot with greek) and the problem is still there in both operating systems. I would be gratefull if someone could help me.

SysSpecs: P4 2,6Ghz FSB 800, MSI Neo2 LS 865PE, 1GB ram, ATi Radeon 9600Pro, SB Audigy + CMedia(onboard) AC'97, pinnacle pctv pro etc.

Have you tried looking for the solutions at HP's website?
    "Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"
    Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

if it's causing a blue screen, disable the auto-restart feature so that you can see what the BSOD error is when it next happens (it's in My Computer, Properties, Advanced, Startup & Recovery settings.

Also, it's not a power problem is it? Is the device self-powered (has its own mains plug) or taking its power from the USB socket?
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

Thread Information