New Diamond/Asus drivers - K6-2 + TNT users read this!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: New Diamond/Asus drivers - K6-2 + TNT users read this!!

New Diamond/Asus drivers - K6-2 + TNT users read this!!

Diamond has released a new set of drivers "with 3DNow optimisations". However, the increase in Quake 2 is only 2fps!!!

Now, I checked on rivazone and the news is that the diamond and asus drivers have a few early features of 3dnow in them. The REAL 3dnow drivers are still yet to be released.

Moral of the story - calm down, don't get your underpants in a knot like I did when I saw how pathetic the increase was. The best IS still yet to come, and hopefully it will be very nice!! Nvidia has been working on these drivers for months and has dubbed them "Detonator". Let's hope there is reason to call them that (ie they beat the V2!)

I hear the new NIVDIA Reference Drivers are to be released Monday!!!

They are supposed to give much better DX6 and OPEN_GL performance.

Since the TNT only supports D3D and OpenGL, why don't they just promote it as "better 3D Performance"??? Anyway I'm getting pedantic. I assume that nvidia is on the west coast with all the other technology places so it will be 5am local time here in Australia when it's 9am there. Do I REALLY want to get up that early? Of course not! I'll just mumble onto the net when I wake up, download the drivers, gawk at how nice they are and then curse about not having my MX300 yet and hence no audio! Now let me see... I have a SoundBlaster Classic floating around in a cupboard somewhere.....

the new drivers give me the exact same performance as the latest diamond drivers (v255) which were released BEFORE the reference drivers. I thought the diamond/asus ones that were released early had only a few preliminary 3dnow features?

Oh well it's a stuffup anyway, I was expecting the TNT to compete with the V2 when given 3dnow (as we'd all expect) but it doesn't seem to be doing it. Maybe I've done something wrong? Anybody getting 60+fps for demo1 on a K6-2 + TNT?

Thread Information