Running a game in windowed mode
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Running a game in windowed mode

Running a game in windowed mode

Google isn't being much help with this question. So I'm coming here.
    Whats the command you put after the target or whatever to window a fullscreen game?
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

if you create a shortcut to the target exe, you should then be able to go into the properties of the shortcut (right click it) , and select either windowed or full screen
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

if it's a game though, that probably won't work. There's usually an option within the game itself to run either windowed or full screen.
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

Yeah, windowed vs maximised (for apps, the one you can rig a shortcut to control) and windowed vs fullscreen are two different things. To get a game playing in a window, it's up to the game to support that.
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

Thread Information