Game lag issues.
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Game lag issues.

Game lag issues.

A8V Deluxe
    AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 1GHz
    2 Gig - Corsair - D400 (4 x 512)
    GeForce 6800GT OC 256MB

Here is problem, when I play Battlefield Vietnam, I get these 2 - 3 second momentary lag issues. I'll be flying along and all of a sudden my screen locks and when it comes to, I'm about to crash/burn/die. It can happen twice a minute sometimes it's once every 4 or 5 minutes. The game continues on even though I'm locked up. It is very annoying.

Nobody else is having this same issue at the place where I play. My ping is below 40 so no way should the connection be a problem.

I have shut down running applications, including anti-virus. I shut off the firewall stuff. I hit ctrl/alt/del and shut down running non-critical applications. No other programs are running in the background, that I can see, that would cause me problems.

I have updated the drivers for the video card.

Why is this happening? Could it be the bios? I just bought this board and built this computer a month ago.

It's driving me nutzoid. Help please!

Thanks.

Will
    Patience is a virtue.

I am a well qualified amature at best. Of the many jobs I have held in my life, this is but the best.

how are your cpu & gpu temps?
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

No problem with temps. In fact, it seems that after the game has been running for an hour or so, the lag dips become fewer.

I've also noticed that they are more likely to happen when I am flying vs. running around with a gun killing noobs.

Will
    Patience is a virtue.

I am a well qualified amature at best. Of the many jobs I have held in my life, this is but the best.

It sounds like there's a delay while the game's loading textures or sounds. I don't know if this helps at all?

edit: page is a bit slow to load, but be patient
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

It might even be punkbuster related. Does it happen beyong the first map or so?
    That used to happen to me in BF2 but for me it was not having enough ram I used to only have 512mb and upgrading to a gig fixed it. I can see that you have 2 gbs so this is a moot point.
    CPU: Athlon X2 7850 Blackbox edition o/c'd to 3400mhz
    Motherboard: Asus M2N68-AM SE2
    Memory: 4gb Kingston KVR RAM
    Video: BFG Geforce gtx 260 oc v2
    Hard Drives: 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, 500GB WD, 320GB WD, 320GB WD 250GB WD, 250GB Seagate
    Case: APEVIA X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel case
    Power Supply: OCZ 700W StealthXStream Power Supply
    Optical: 22x LG DVD R/W

Thread Information