How to dismantle / take apart Toshiba notebooks. Guide with pictures. - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to dismantle / take apart Toshiba notebooks. Guide with pictures.

Toshiba Portege 4010 teardown guide.

Hi all,
    Toshiba Portege 4010 disassembly guide with instructions is ready.
    You will find it here: http://tech.irisvista.com/laptops/To...tege4010_1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by animal18
    The quality of said information is not at issue, just the motivation, and with no post history, I have no idea of the motivation.

Just my 2 cents.
    I'll also add my 2 last cents.
    Today I'll show you for free a way to find all computer forums on the internet:
    ... do a search on "cj2600 toshiba" in yahoo.
    Looking intelligent takes more than looking coool.

Results 1 - 10 of about 929 for cj2600 toshiba. (0.11 seconds)
    You mean there are only 929 Computer Forums?

Looks fine to me, you guys are right to be wary though - seems very spam like on first appearances.

cj2600, those look like some great guides. Welcome to the forums - if you've not had a chance, please read the AUP, and enjoy your stay!

Nick

P.S. i've cleaned up the thread a little
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

Wow! I really need this but the laptop I am trying to dismantle a Portege M100 because I spilled wine on my keyboard and now some of the keys are shorted out and are actively pressed. Other than that, it still works fine.

How did you do this? Anyway, I'm going to go through this thread properly and see if I can get tips from the other laptops you already have a guide for.

Cheers and thank you.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolbox
    Wow! I really need this but the laptop I am trying to dismantle a Portege M100 because I spilled wine on my keyboard and now some of the keys are shorted out and are actively pressed. Other than that, it still works fine.

How did you do this? Anyway, I'm going to go through this thread properly and see if I can get tips from the other laptops you already have a guide for.

Cheers and thank you.
    I haven't seen M100 for a while. I take pictures from all "new" laptops I get for repair. If I see M100, I'll make pics.

Disassemble and repair Toshiba Tecra S1

Toshiba Tecra S1.
    New guide with instructions.
    How to disassemble and repair.
    Youíll find the instructions here: http://tech.irisvista.com/laptops/To.../tecraS1_1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by cj2600
    I haven't seen M100 for a while. I take pictures from all "new" laptops I get for repair. If I see M100, I'll make pics.
    No worries... I was able to tear apart the M100 using your guide for one of the other laptops.

Thanks so much.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Toshiba Satellite A55, Satellite M55, Tecra A3 disassembly guides

cj2600... where exactly do yopu work? I just found out that the keyboard of my M100 is broken and I need to replace it. Its funny because I used to live in the Philippines and that's vwhere the keyboard is made.

Check this out: www.mano.com.ph/m100

Quote Originally Posted by Toolbox
    cj2600... where exactly do yopu work? I just found out that the keyboard of my M100 is broken and I need to replace it. Its funny because I used to live in the Philippines and that's vwhere the keyboard is made.

Check this out: www.mano.com.ph/m100
    I work in USA. I just checked Toshiba USA website and they list only one keyboard for Toshiba Portege M100. The part number is P000367200. Try search for this part number on ebay. I guess you can use this one for your laptop made in Philippines.
    Good luck.

Thank you very much for your help on this... I will try and find the keyboard but I know live in Luxembourg so I will try and find a distributor here.

Cheers.

Nice guides.

Do you have any for Acer laptops?

Thanks

Thread Information