cant find files on USB drive
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: cant find files on USB drive

Question cant find files on USB drive

I got a USB drive that does not show any files on it when it is opened but when the properties sheet is brought up it shows that it has stuuf on it and it is taking up more than half of the space. some files were recently added to it i am trying to retreive these files. it is a Cruzer micro drive 512 mb. Can anything be done for me to get back the files that were stored on it. i have tried to show all hidden and still nothing.

Was the drive password protected when you put the files on it? I don't know much about that feature, but perhaps you need to have drivers installed for it on the other machine for it to view the files.
    Give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

I have had that problem with a card reader on my laptop. If I boot and then insert the card, I get told that there is no card there. If I boot with the card in, all is fine.

Are you booting then plugging in, or are you booting already plugged in? In the perfect world, it probably should not make a difference-but at least on mine it does.

no the drive was not write proteced. when the drive is put in the computer the computer recognizes it and you are able to put files on it and seee those files. Its just that some files were backed up on it and those files cannot be retreived i cant even see them but when u check the properties sheet it show that something is on it taking up space. just cant see what exactly it is.

Perhaps try running a checkdisk on it?

tried that too

Thumbs up got soem of them back

I got them Back, well most of them. i used Bad copy Pro. it found back most of the files and fixed a few of the corrupted files.
    Media Recover also found some of the files too

Hmm, wonder why it got so screwy? Glad you got what you needed though.

Thread Information