Best way to get rid of Mice?!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best way to get rid of Mice?!

Best way to get rid of Mice?!

Yup, i got them again. I had a cat for a couple years and never even saw a drop of mouse crap.

Cats gone and now theyre back.

Just wondering what you all use, dont say cats. I know they work better then anything else but then you gotta put up with a cat

So far, the best luck i am having is with those regualr old 49 cent victory rat traps. Hell, i have caught now i think 6, and today i hear one trying to lick the peanut butter right off the already sprung trap with his brother dead caught in it! I took him out, put more butter on there and set it back where it was, not even 5 minutes later, seriously the other came back and was killed haha!

stupid mice, i can do this all day they never catch on. even when thier siblings are dying one right after another. hehehe

just wondering really if there is a good mouse repellant i could use outside or inside. I can take care of the ones that are here now, just dont want them to come back. My cat's odor was the best, mice never even came to my block. but id rather have a better smelling house

Try taking pieces of dry sponge dipped into chicken broth or beef juices and setting them around the perimeter of your foundation on the outside. Keep the traps inside for a while to get the ones already inside, but the ones that eat the sponges die a horrible death from the sponge expanding in their tiny intestinal tracts. I've used this technique at restaurants I've run, and it works wonders (even with rats)
    Aspire Turbo case w/6 case fans
    Abit AN7 rev C1 nForce2 Ultra 400
    AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ @ 2.205GHz
    Thermalright SLK900A w/92mm Tornado
    Abit Radeon 9600XT All In Wonder 594/796
    Geil Dual Channel 512MB(256MBx2) DDR PC-3200 6-3-2-2.5
    Sound Blaster® X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty
    2-Maxtor Ultra Series Kit 120GB SATA L01M120 Raid0 (OS & Programs)
    Western Digital Special Edition 120GB WD1200JB 8MB (Data)
    Lite-On CD-Rom 48x
    NEC 4X DVD +RW/-RW Drive
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP2

I know you said no cats, but an armed Action Man figure riding on the back of a cat really is the way to go. Trust me.

Well, when I was a kid on the farm, we used to put some feed graid at the bottom of a 10-gallon bucket. Then, we'd put a piece of wood up like a ramp. As you've observed, mice aren't too good with abstract though. They go up the ramp, and dive into the grain. They eat for a while, and then (he, he) they can't get back out.

They apperantly lack even the level of communication enjoyed by bees, because you can catch several at a time this way. The ones that are trapped are unable to warn the ones who are considering becoming trapped.

Victory traps work pretty well too. When I lived in Troy (NY), we used to kill maybe two a day with the old peanut-butter smeared trap. The trouble was that they just kept on reproducing faster than we could kill them. So finally, my room mate and I just bought some Decon.

Stuff worked very well. Better than grain in a bucket.
    We all Think Different too.

its amazing how stupid the are. theyre nothing more then eat sleep bump machines. i couldnt believe they watch another mouse die in a trap and then go right to that trap and lick off the leftover peanut butter. they dont even notice death.

i set the last trap in the kitchen about 3 days ago, peanut butter is still there. they must be gone from there for now.

for some reason i caught two upstairs, i didnt know they could even get up there until i saw one a few days ago. they were just babies though, i decapitated one the head was hanging by tendons it was cool. i still dont know how they got up there. it seems it was just two

Poison works real well. DOwnside is that they die in places you can't find em except by smell
    "Imagine a world where dogs took bad owners to the pound."

http://www.hopeforpaws.org/

Kidnap a cat and rub him all over the walls and furniture in your house.
    R.I.P Rangeral, To one of HWC's best moderators and a great guy

By the way, what does BTW stand for?

It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.

Kidnap a cat and rub him all over the walls and furniture in your house.
    RoFLMAO!!

Poison works real well. DOwnside is that they die in places you can't find em except by smell
    Decon is interesting... a manufacturer's rep once explained to me that the poison isn't actually designed to KILL the mice. What it does is make their bodies unable to hold water (aka mice with "the runs"). The end result is that they die of dehydration - which actually means that in most climates with average humidity, they desicate before they actually have much of a chance to rot.

Back when I was living in Troy, it sure seemed that way. Never smelled a thing.

While, all in all, I'm not really fond of PA, a can say that I haven't seen a single mouse in this state so far.

yeah i agree there is no smell to a dead mouse. even without poison i have never smelled them, they just shrivel up quickly like prunes. only thing i ever smell with mice is thier urine

i think i scored a victory with the 49 cent victory traps, no bites last night at all.

i am really surprised a peta banger hasnt rung in and told me to use live traps yet, those are a joke! if i were to use live traps i would just flush them down the toilet anyway

anyone hear of those electroic traps? theyre like a box, and when the mouse goes in for food its zapped by voltage and the amps kill it... cool i thought... too much money compared to what im using though

i am really surprised a peta banger hasnt rung in and told me to use live traps yet, those are a joke! if i were to use live traps i would just flush them down the toilet anyway
    Yeah... that was like the "have-a-heart" 'coon traps we used to use on the farm. They actually do the best job of catching 'coons of anything out there. So all sorts of farmers use them and the folks who come to 'pick-their-own' corn think it's very humane. Of course, what they don't get to see is what a 'coon looks like when it's taken a slug from a 30-30 at point blank.

from my experience poison works great but they seek out water sources to die next to so when you move your fridge or other objects you usually find a nice little graveyard. i reccomend numerous methods at once, an all out war... sticky traps work well, spring traps, poison, and any other afore mentioned method. mice ****.
    Check out my webpage: DDgeek

If all-out war isn't sufficient, there is always negotiation. Build a mouse-house outside, run a heating loop though it, and stock it with peanuts. If they're never hungry or cold, they won't have to come inside and eat your food.

Quote Originally Posted by krupted
    Just wondering what you all use, dont say cats. I know they work better then anything else but then you gotta put up with a cat
    My cat's odor was the best, mice never even came to my block. but id rather have a better smelling house
    What odor? Do mean a litter box? I won't have one. That's what the great outdoors is for. It also lets the cat take the war out beyond the house. And he can look after himself if I'm gone for a day or two.
    But mouse control is just a Fringe (the cat's name) benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyle
    Yeah... that was like the "have-a-heart" 'coon traps we used to use on the farm. They actually do the best job of catching 'coons of anything out there. So all sorts of farmers use them and the folks who come to 'pick-their-own' corn think it's very humane. Of course, what they don't get to see is what a 'coon looks like when it's taken a slug from a 30-30 at point blank.
    yup. my buddy does that, he catches possums and stuff and just sticks the gun barrel in the cage and blows their head clean off. effective and humane.

my suggestion would be to figure out where they are getting in at and seal it up then hunt the rest of the clan down .the peanut butter traps always worked for me. i used to get a few everytime winter came, put new siding up and sealed all there doors put up an eviction notice and threatened their immediate family havent seen them since?!

Thread Information