medion / Cybercom Notebook upgrade RAM
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: medion / Cybercom Notebook upgrade RAM

Hybrid View

medion / Cybercom Notebook upgrade RAM

Hi,

A friend has been telling me he's got a notebook PC (I'm not sure of the model).

He's been trying to get into it to upgrade the RAM. Problem is, he can't figure out how to get in to it. There's no visible way to get in beneath the battery, the CD's fixed in and the keyboard looks moulded also.

He's concerned about wedging up the edges because he's heard that the connection to the mousepad is very short and could break. I can't believe there's no way into this thing.

I've had a look around the net and it seems like many people are having problems with this but there's nothing useful on the Medion site and I haven't even been able to find the Cybercom site.

Any clues?

Welcome to HWC.

First thing we'd need to know is what model it is. Chances are that while Medion won't tell you how to crack it open, some other guy on the internet has, and he/she might have a step by step guide for it.
    Give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeOnTheTree
    Welcome to HWC.

First thing we'd need to know is what model it is. Chances are that while Medion won't tell you how to crack it open, some other guy on the internet has, and he/she might have a step by step guide for it.

Mine is a Cybercom MD5957

underneath it says FID 2030 Notebook PC

Hope someone can help get inside the damn thing

I need to add more RAM

I am able to remove all the bottom screws, but am only able to prize it half apart - looks like something is holding it beneath the keyboard...

Thanks

Mike

screws and more screws

Saw u met my friend the md5957 ..... lol
    i got me one of those and i found out the hard way...

after u take all the screws out the bottom some are hidden under the battery, remove the section that covers the speakers with a flat head screwdriver. U will c a screw on the left and right in the corners, remove those and slide the ends out left to the left right to the right, now remove the screws from the top of the keyboard (i,m trying to find one but no luck any ideas?) take the screws out of the HD then take it out. Next take the screws out from the power panel and the one just above it, now try and slide the top section away from the screen, dont pull it up too much or the mouse will detach and if you got big hands like me then u will have some work to do.

speng...... let me know how it goes send me an email if u get stuck
    slim@spengslinkup.fsnet.co.uk

Thread Information