Im still on the hunt for my new PC, and have now fallen over another obstacle. There I was in teh shop, happy with myself for the decisions I had made over hardware
-AMD K6-2 400mhz
-128mg PC100 SDRAM
-8.4 GIG harddrive etc

I had made mu mind up to go with a TNT card (probably the CL version) when the computer EXPERT? said to me "you don't want to do that mate. What you need is an ATI 8meg 2D card, and then slot in a 12meg Voodoo2 for the games. My heart skipped a beat, and I left the shop, not with a new PC on order, but with my head in bits. After reading all of the valuable hints and recommendations that appear on this page, I felt that I had made the right decision.

Could someone (who I know to be unbiased - cause you wont be getting any money out of me) please tell me
1. Is it true that 2 separate cards would be worth the additional 100+ it would cost me
2. Is the Voodoo2 far better than the TNT
3. Should I tell that bloke from the shop that he's a prize tosser for messing with my head like that.

Please Please Please would someone give me the honest facts, and TELL me what option to go for.

As you may be able to tell, i'm not a very techi person.

Your help is very much appreciated

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Griffin (edited 02-01-99).]