Dell 2405P - aspect ratio
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Dell 2405P - aspect ratio

Dell 2405P - aspect ratio

Any way to change the aspect ratio on this monitor while using the DVI input from widescreen(16:9) to standard (4:3)? Noone has a fix yet for NHL 06 on a widescreen monitor.

You might be able to do this under the display properties. This might result in part of the image being lost off the top and bottom or black bars on the sides. Some have a 1.5x zoom to do this. I'm not sure how my laptop does this as I have a 15.2" wide screan of that and it plays games fine.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by splooge
    Any way to change the aspect ratio on this monitor while using the DVI input from widescreen(16:9) to standard (4:3)? Noone has a fix yet for NHL 06 on a widescreen monitor.
    Yes, in the monitor's options menu. As well as a simple stretch, you can display the output resolution with a 1:1 pixel mapping, or expand it to fill the screen vertically while maintaining the aspect ratio.

Assuming the controls are the same as my 2001FP, it'll be under the Image Settings menu as soon as you run the monitor in a non-native resolution (if you're running at native res with DVI then that menu is disabled).
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

Thread Information