Voodoo2 problem
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Voodoo2 problem

Voodoo2 problem

I got a voodoo2 12Mb card when i ordered my gateway. Now I want to get another card to run in SLI mode. But I don't know which card I have. I took it out and looked at it for any possible manufacturers and there were none. I contacted gateway via email and they never got back with me. Is there any other way to find out the brand?
    chad porginski

Im not sure which board it is, but I do know that most card manufacturers say that their card will work with other Voodoo2's. I would assume that any card will work (V2). Tell me if it works.

I'm almost sure that you have to have two identical Voodoo2 boards (same manufacturer and RAM configurations) for SLI to work properly. I checked out Gateway's website and they don't give a manufacturer name for their Voodoo2 card, so wait for their reply before buying your second voodoo2.

[This message has been edited by dawidi (edited 02-03-99).]

Yeah, i'm sure the two boards have to be by the same manufacturer to work in sli mode. I just needed to know how to figure out which one i have. thanks
    chad porginski

CCGamer Guest
    you can buy any V2 and mixmatch any manufaturers and memory amount(but the one with least mem will be the total you have). All you need is to use the latest V2 driver. Otherwise the older driver won't work with mixmatched V2 SLI.

If you have 12, you better get another V2 with 12 as well for SLI, else if you buy 8MB, your current 12MB will work as 8MB in SLI.

Thread Information