Dual Monitor Cable
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Dual Monitor Cable

Dual Monitor Cable

I have an ATI x300 DVI dual-monitor video card, and a couple of monitors lying around -- they have male VGA plugs. So I've been looking for a cable to connect my pieces, but have not had any luck at all. Any help would be much appreciated.

video card looks like this:

You need an adapter like this to be able to use a VGA monitor with that card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814999201

As for running two monitors, are you sure the card supports it? Looks like it just has DVI-I and S-Video outputs. It can support two displays but one needs to be a TV.

There are display splitters, but not dual display. You would have two of the same picture on a monitor.
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Sapphire 6870 1GB | 8GB DDR31600 | Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 | 640 GB WD Caviar Black | 500GB WD something | ASUS Xonar DS | Logitech Z-5300e | Logitech G500 | Das Keyboard Cherry MX Brown | Dell S2740L

If the card is designed for it, you can get two VGA signals out of a DVI connector. You need a matching widget for it though; I don't know if there's any standard part for it. Are you sure that a splitter cable didn't come with the card?
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

If the card is designed for it, you can get two VGA signals out of a DVI connector. You need a matching widget for it though; I don't know if there's any standard part for it. Are you sure that a splitter cable didn't come with the card?
    Nope, I don't have a splitter cable. This machine was handed down to me from another person; I didn't buy it new.

I also believe (or, at least hope) that this card is designed so that you could split the DVI into two VGA signals, by using a splitter.

Now, the question is, where can I find such a splitter?

Thread Information