NFS3 problem with CL RIVA TNT
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: NFS3 problem with CL RIVA TNT

Hybrid View

NFS3 problem with CL RIVA TNT

I have a PII 350 with RIVA TNT 16MB AGP, the problem is I can't run NFS3, I can get in the main menu but when I choose race the game will start loading when it finish loading the blue screen come out and says OD error has occur this application will be terminate!
    and additional the strange thing is I play it before and a week later I install the game again...problem! I don't know what I did wrong so need help from you guys!
    by the way all I try running other games and there's no problem!

I am also having the same problem as yours (and so is my friend who has a P233MMX w/ 3DFX card). I have an AMD K6-2 300, Viper 330 (Riva128), and Orchid Righteous 3D (Voodoo 1). Before, I was able to play it but now I also got this error messages, exactly after the loading bar is finished. Let's try to voice this problem to others so we can have a solution. I think its got to do with the DirectX 6, since its working before I installed Half-Life, which in turn installed DirectX 6. HELP!!!
    Your signature reflects your intelligence.

I Have exactly the same problem. The only diffrence is that It didn't work even before I Installes DX6.

I HAve a 440LX mobo and a Tnt

I doubt there's any problem with that. It might be the OS. I'm currently using win95?how bout everyone else?

I Have exactly the same problem. The only diffrence is that It didn't work even before I Installes DX6.

I HAve a 440LX mobo and a Tnt

I doubt there's any problem with that. It might be the OS. I'm currently using win95?how bout everyone else?

It's not your win95 'cause I have win98 and I have the exact same problem. I asked for tech supprot from the makers of my video card and they gave me a bunch of tricks that don't work, so I'm still working on it

[This message has been edited by Willy (edited 01-19-99).]

Hey guys I actually solve the problem myself. Anybody with a CL TNT will, I assume, have install all the software that come with it the 3DEEP and COLORFIC.
    The error in my PC is 'error in krnl386' (don't about you guys), and I found out the application belongs to COLORFIC, so I remove the application from my PC and walla! NFS3 is playable again and it looks good on a TNT! Hope this can help you guys! If it can't, try reading the error message when the blue screen pops up any try to locate the error application if you can remove or disable the application!

Chao

President: Could you give us info on how you determined or traced the "files" you've found out causing the problems, to the "error" (kernl386). Could you please give name(s) of test programs I could use to determine the error. Usually I receive this: A fatal exception 06 has occurred at 0000:0000001c. The current application will be terminated. Please HELP!

I had the same problem as president with my new pc, nfs3 wouldnt run at first. i went to CL website got lastest drivers and went microsoft got beta version directx 6.1, problem went away. nfs3 runs like a beast. I have colorific installed as well. Dont know, sounds like lots of diffirent problems.

Hey guys.
    I had the same problem. I contacted the NFS3 support and they helped me solve the problem. I was getting a fatal exception error every time I loaded a track. In my case and maybe yours it is actually an early warning that you have the win95.cih virus. If this is the case than you have until the 26th of every month to remove it. It isn't limited to Win95 either. I have win98. Ok I hope this fixed the problem. So update those virus checkers and scan before it is to late.

Hey guys.
    I had the same problem. I contacted the NFS3 support and they helped me solve the problem. I was getting a fatal exception error every time I loaded a track. In my case and maybe yours it is actually an early warning that you have the win95.cih virus. If this is the case than you have until the 26th of every month to remove it. It isn't limited to Win95 either. I have win98. Ok I hope this fixed the problem. So update those virus checkers and scan before it is to late.

Want to know the story of cih virus?
    Here is the story: When I was still in
    china in 1989, we had a major student
    movement and you guys should remember it
    as the Tiananmen Square massacre. I also
    involved in the hunger strike at the
    time. On April 21, we had a major
    demostration to ask the government for
    more freedom. And on April 26th, the
    government made a big statement on the
    party-run newspaper saying our movement
    is a riot against revolution. And most
    students were shocked at this statement.
    This triggered the later hunger strike
    and the confrontation between people
    in Beijing and the government and the
    military. The guy who created this virus
    aparently tries to remind people of this
    date but this causes real trouble for
    lots of PC's.

I had the exact same problem with my computer (Riva 128 and Voodoo 1), and the problem turned out to be the W32.CIH.SPACEFILLER virus. Had to get Norton 5.0 to clean it, because most "older" scanners can only detect virus, not clean it.

Thank you ALL! I was able to solve the NFS3 problem... and also other ILLEGAL OPERATION, PAGE FAULT errors I receive under Win95/98. The W32.CIH.SPACEFILLER virus all caused this and my PC is now running perfectly fine (after a long scan/clean/reformat/install process). Again... thanks to all of you for the support.

Thread Information