Dell 720 for Win98
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Dell 720 for Win98

Dell 720 for Win98

Hi,
    Has anyone got a hold on those "Lexmark modified drivers" that would have this Dell 720 printer I received for free work in Win98 ?
    Looking intelligent takes more than looking coool.

Maybe this link can help.
    "Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"
    Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Yes, I found that link yesterday before posting here but it is a dead link. So I know that something exists but I can't find it.

According to the post by txtrapper the hp driver should work with a USB cable... Have you tried that?
    "Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"
    Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

I think someone in the tread got confused between HP720 and Dell720, they are not at all the same printer. What apparently works is a modified Lexmark 615 driver. I found something on Driversguide.com but it's only 2 inf files that ask for plenty of other files. I guess those files are included in the Lexmark driver but they are compressed in there. I'll try to install Lexmark as 'file printer' and get the files from there.

Doesn't work either. It finds the driver, installs, no missing files, ... then says there was an error installing, try again.
    It appear this site (http://mystoragespace.port5.com/ ) was still linked to (from the Dell Forums) in february this year but I can't access it

Thread Information