Acer AL1913...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Acer AL1913...

Acer AL1913...

Hey guys,

Just got this monitor about a month ago, and now having some problems with it. I can't really contact my supplier today so I thought I would pick your brains.

After siting for a while, when I go to resume from it's standby mode, the screen comes on for a split second, and then goes black. The power light is still green, and if I unplug the VGA cable after it does this, the power light turns amber...so I know that it is recognizing that it's plugged in.

Usually what I have to do is pull the AC power from it, and let it sit for a bit. when I plug it back in, it sometimes will work, and sometimes won't. I also found it helps to unplug my KVM switch and plug it directly into the computer I am working on.

Do you think my KVM could have cause this problem? Can LCDs not handle the constant switching of a KVM?

Any feedback would be great. I know these monitors are quite low cost....I am wondering if they are problem prone.

Thanks,

Jay
    Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.25GHz | Asus K8V SE Deluxe | 1GB PC-3200 Kingston DDR | ATI Radeon X1600 256MB | 200GB Seagate Barracuda SATA | 40GB Western Digital External | Sound Blaster 5.1 with
    Inspire 5300s | Pioneer 106s 16x DVD | LG 16x Super Multi DVD-Writer Dual | Intel Gigabit LAN | Enermax 300Watt | 20.1" Viewsonic LCD 1600x1200 | Windows XP Pro SP2

My 1987 Ford Ranger

My first TFT wouldn't wake up well either. What would happen is that at power on, the screen would be solid grey. After messing with it a while, I came up with an idea of what the problem was. It seemed like the screen needed to "warm up," and once it did, it would work just fine. What I ended up doing was just leaving it at grey screen for maybe 5 minutes, turn it off, then back on again. After "rebooting the monitor" it worked just fine. I wonder if you might have the same issue? Maybe try what I did above and see what happens.

Thread Information