Build your own laptop
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Build your own laptop

Build your own laptop

This was just a cool article I ran across (of course I put it on the news links on my site yesterday)...

http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=228

They show you how to build a laptop. These are not for budget laptops, but the compete quite well against high end gaming laptops. He built a P-M 770 with 80GB drive, 2x512MB DDR2, GeForce 6600 with 128MB, 15.4" display, and a DVD burner for $1700.

The like to the chassis was dead when I tried earlier, but a serch for that model found one in no time. ASUS makes a similar one for a Turion64.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

todd ive got to give it to you, nice site. do you make any money off of it? and you dont understand the revolution, its a huge upgrade over gcube, main feature being the wifi network. id say nintendo will take at least 25% of the marketshare.

Thread moved to the Mobile Tech forum.
    We all Think Different too.

Well, the whole process looks pretty easy. And cost effective. The only limitation is that at this time you wind up buying the Screen, Chassis, Mobo, and GPU all in one bundle. That does sort of limit the overall flexibility. I would prefer they bundle the wireless card and let you pick the video card... but I guess you can't have everything.

As the world slowly goes mobile, hopefully there will be more DYI options for mobile computers. Some T&L chassis might even be possible in the not-too-distant future.
    We all Think Different too.

Thread Information